Our mission is to redefine the home experience with tech and services to create a smarter, greener, safer home that saves our customers money every month. Summary:
The Vivint Platform Automation team is looking for a proactive engineer that can help us take our current automation offering to the next level. This position will work with other automation team members and manual QA engineers to improve the current Python automation runs and help to implement better efficiency and time savings for the team.
Ideally this individual will come in with the desire to implement and show off the great things that have been and will be accomplished by our team. Tasks are managed in a sprint, and priorities are discussed as often as needed to make sure we are always focused on the most important tasks. Professional Competencies:
- Ability to define small portions of tasks and provide phased task completion
- Self-confidence with the ability to drive results within automation
- Willingness to communicate results throughout the organization and demonstrate the completed work
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to continue learning and growing personal skills
- Driven to succeed as a team
- Experience with Design, Documentation, Deployment, and Implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or related work experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in software automation or development with Python or similar languages
- Understanding of backend services and API calls and REST methods
- Able to understand the current ecosystem to step in for triage and maintenance as needed
- Soft skills working across teams and organizations
- Deliver high-quality, maintainable, and scalable code
- Go Programming
- Testing experience with services leveraging gRPC
- Build Pipelines
- AWS Integrations
- Scrum/Agile Methodologies
Learn about the Vivint Culture and why it’s a great place to grow your career!
Here are some highlighted perks you should ask us about:
- Free daily lunch and drinks on site
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
- Employee/Friends/Family Discounts
- Onsite health clinic, gym, gaming tables
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage & 24/7 Medical Hotline
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Employee Resource Groups
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Vivint enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe working environment. Each new employee is responsible for completing all training requirements. Additionally, the employee must accept they have responsibility for maintaining the safety of themselves, their co-workers, and the public. Employee must adhere to all written and verbal instructions, promptly report and correct all hazards or unsafe conditions, question non-standard operations or unmitigated hazards, and provide feedback to management on all safety issues.