Accounts Payable Clerk @ National Plant Services - Long Beach, CA
Accounts Payable Clerk
Post a job for free in Long Beach, CA
National Plant Services
Position: Accounts Payable Specialist (Entry Level)
Where: Long Beach, CA
Pay Range: $22-24.50 per hour DOE.
Hours: 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Due to current health concerns we are not accepting walk-in applications at this time. Candidates who have been selected to move forward will be contacted.
Matching, entering and payment of payables for a multi-location contracting company. Entry of all payable information into system, research of previous payments, tracking jobs with project managers, reconciling project costs with billing information, and initiation of payments via paper check and ACH transfer to vendors and employees.
Essential Job Functions:
Gather and distribute incoming department mail daily.
Prepare and enter payables invoices daily.
Address payables related issues with project managers.
Code general ledger account numbers to invoices when applicable.
Prepare written correspondence and various other documents related to payables as needed.
Review and reconcile vendor statements monthly.
Maintain and organize payable and vendor files as required.
Generate accounts payable reports, check registers, and ACH transfers.
Uphold company policies and vendor requirements.
Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Assist the team to:
This position will work closely with a small accounting team and will serve as a back-up to support the accounts receivable, intercompany billing, Quarterly IFTA Reporting and benefits administration disbursement process.
· Previous accounting or office administration experience preferred
· High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate, or equivalent relevant work experience desired.
· Previous contracting/construction payables experience is a plus.
· Proficient personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
· Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains experience a plus.
· Attention to detail, excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
· Ability to work independently, take initiative, and respond to rapidly changing priorities in a multi-tasked environment.
· Ability to work in a team fostered environment.
· Ability to prioritize and organize work.
Ability to lift and/or move 20 pounds with or without accommodation.
401K and Employee Stock Ownership Plan offered
Tuition Reimbursement offered
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Accounts Payable: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- English (Required)
- One location