Application Administrator @ SCS Engineers - Long Beach, CA
Post a job for free in Long Beach, CA
SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. We just celebrated our 50th anniversary as a company on April 1, 2020! Our core capabilities are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields redevelopment , site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental firm of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative company and desire dynamic and challenging work among a team of innovative individuals, then SCS is the place for you. Are you up for the challenge?
Responsible for providing general applications support to Vision users and maintaining data integrity for Vision. Write custom reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- With guidance from the Financial Systems Director - be the front line person for the Financial Systems group to provide the best Vision support to SCS users.
- Provide first level, general applications support to Vision users. Coordinate with IT Support to resolve user issue. Escalate to higher support level if needed.
- Provide backup support when other financial systems personnel are not available.
- Generate month-end custom ad-hoc reports and post them on the Intranet.
- Maintain Vision data integrity. Coordinate with OSMs and perform data scrub on Vision Info Center data. Help setting up workflows & alerts to streamline operations and add value to Vision core applications.
- Create Vision custom reports as requested using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) then deploy them directly into Vision applications.
- Participate in SCS Vision testing groups to test new modules/features before upgrading to the new version. Help with Vision upgrades as needed.
- Stay abreast on new technology & trends that would benefit SCS operations. Participate in local Vision user groups to learn best practice from peers. Attend Deltek conference/webinar to learn new features & processes then apply them at SCS.
- Monitor databases and server’s performance and troubleshoot.
- Help create Vision Training Materials and quick reference guides.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to assist with servers and applications migration/updates
- Able to work under pressure and deadline
- Problem solving skills
- A quick learner
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related major required
- Working knowledge of Deltek Vision ERP applications
- Experience in web and mobile applications support
- Ability to communicate and provide technical support to on-site and remote users
- Working knowledge of SQL Server structure and Query language
- Working knowledge of SSRS. Able to understand report specifications and requirements then design/test/deploy custom reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, Student Debt Employer Contribution Program, paid holidays and PTO.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at [email protected]