Director of Programs @ Bedrock Creek Foundation - Long Beach, CA
Director of Programs
Post a job for free in Long Beach, CA
Bedrock Creek Foundation is looking for a Director of Programs to join their team in Long Beach, CA!
Bedrock Creek’s driving mission is to help people work together well for social good so that significantly better results are achieved and resources are well spent.
We focus on three social justice causes: Homelessness, Human Trafficking and Community Development. Serving as a backbone organization, we harness the strength of multiple sector collaboration towards measurable, mutual outcomes, that directly impact lives and cities.
We believe every community is full of potential and every person has gifts and talents to contribute to the greater good. Through neighborhood initiatives, economic development, and faith-based community engagement, we are building better neighborhoods together.
We provide administration, support, resources, vision and direction to new and existing related workforce development initiatives. We work with existing social enterprises and even help develop new ones that contribute to the larger social justice causes we focus on.
The Director of Programs provides management and direction to the programs of Main Street Security, including but not limited to management of supervisory staff; development and control of program budgets; ensuring that program activities comply with contracts; development and implementation of policies and procedures; active participation in obtaining funds and grants; coordinating or integrating the program within the Bedrock Creek Foundation organization and the overall Kingdom Causes affiliate structure; representing and furthering the program and the organization to the community.
Salary: $60,000-67,000 / year
- Implement the Chief Program Officer’s strategic vision and direction for all Main Street Security programs.
- Under the direction of the Chief Program Officer, develop all Main Street Security programs and policies.
- Provide expert program and policy recommendations to the Chief Program Officer.
- Through excellent leadership and teamwork, ensure progress toward organizational vision.
- Provide excellent professional representation of Main Street Security, serving as a liaison with government agencies, funders, the community, and the public.
- Present on behalf of Main Street Security in the community; build and maintain excellent relationships with current and potential stakeholders.
- Manage Main Street Security’s budget, staffing, and programs under the direction of the Chief Program Officer and in alignment with Main Street Security’s mission and values.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, trainings, and monitoring systems to ensure all Main Street Security services are delivered per contract requirements.
- Oversee—through management of supervisors and in consultation with HR—all Main Street Security staff recruitment, hiring, onboarding, training, coaching, monitoring, and corrective action.
- Cultivate relationships with staff that inspire and motivate and communicate openly with all internal stakeholders.
- Assist the Chief Program Officer (under the leadership of the President) in developing, refining, and implementing the Main Street Security strategic plan; executing and communicating the plan internally and externally, including assisting with overseeing the implementation of all strategies contained therein, so that all internal and external stakeholders understand the organization-wide strategic plan and how it carries out the organization’s overall mission, vision, and values.
- Identify current and potential program challenges and strategize and implement solutions.
- Participate with all supervisory staff in creating a positive and beneficial work environment for all employees.
- Systematically, frequently, and consistently collect various types of data related to all program activities, successes, and progress toward goals, including but not limited to contract deliverables, fundraising, finance, and administration; compile or oversee the compilation of data into thorough, accurate, and clear reports; present reports to the Chief Program Officer, President and other stakeholders as requested.
- In all activities, ensure that Main Street Security’s programs comply with all contracts, funders’ requirements, and organizational policies.
- Meet or exceed all goals established by the Chief Program Officer.
- Provide support to the Chief Program Officer and other Leadership Team members/departments as needed/requested.
- Work with vendors, contractors, and consultants to achieve organizational goals, as needed and available.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years’ management experience
- Direct Security Services Experience
- Knowledge of leading practices for providing security services to vulnerable populations, especially in emergency shelters for people experiencing homelessness
- Proven experience in overseeing successful security services
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- Experience providing strategy and vision-driven direction for diverse teams
- Proven history of meeting or exceeding challenging goals
- Understanding of the homelessness, government, and nonprofit sectors
- Ability to pass a Criminal History Background Check after offer acceptance and periodically throughout employment
- High levels of empathy and understanding for people experiencing homelessness and presenting with multiple and urgent case management needs, substance use, health, and/or mental health concerns
- Experience cultivating and maintaining productive, professional relationships with various stakeholders including customers, coworkers, volunteers, law enforcement and emergency service personnel, third-party vendors, etc.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field Preferred
- Experience and contacts in Orange County and other areas of Southern California Preferred
- Experience at a management level in non-profit organizations Preferred
- Knowledge of Continuua of Care, HUD Regulations Preferred
- Direct Homelessness Services Experience Preferred
- Entrepreneurial experience Preferred
- Excellent professional boundaries
- Exceptional strategizing, gap analysis, problem-solving, and plan execution skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and time management skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate PC and Microsoft Office Suite skills (including but not limited to efficient word processing/formatting, creating and using PDFs, basic Excel formulae)
- Ability to accomplish goals and produce valuable results with little to no supervision
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously while maintaining creativity and strategic thinking and continuing to meet or exceed goals
- Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds with varying degrees of experience
- Ability to inspire, train, motivate, challenge, and supervise people
- Excellent public speaking skills
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Frequently operates a computer, smart phone, and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 1/3 of the time
- Frequently moves about inside the office, in the field (at local shelters, parks, restaurants, etc.), or at meetings/events to access people, file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly communicates with staff, clients, community partners, and community members; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to inspect paper and electronic documents and accurately communicate their contents and connotations to various audiences
- Will be required to drive an automobile or use public transportation to attend local meetings
Indeed Hire and Bedrock Creek Foundation are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $67,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Direct Security Services: 1 year (Required)
- non-profit organization: 1 year (Preferred)
- management: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Roanoke, VA: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)