Location:: Long Beach, CA Bonus:: Yes Job Type:: Full-Time Who we are:
At Virgin Orbit, we are launching the small satellite revolution, enabling missions that were previously unimaginable. We are delivering Virgin’s legendary customer experience by combining advanced technology with a diligent, hard-working team. We have built a workplace and a workforce of the future, knowing that our decisions and investments of today are launching the industries of tomorrow. We have engaged a diverse and inclusive community of doers and dreamers alike, empowering all those working today to build satellites and constellations that will change the world.
At Virgin Orbit, we are opening space for good. Search all of our job openings on our
Virgin Orbit (VO) is seeking a
Software Engineer, Mission Support to assist in the development of tools used to ensure the validity of data that is used to launch rockets for each mission. This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills.
This is a full-time, hybrid position at our rocket factory in beautiful Long Beach, California.
Have you ever wanted to launch a rocket from a webpage? Well now is your chance. The Software Developer will be responsible for helping to define, create and maintain tools that will be used to ingest and ensure consistency and cohesion of the data that is used in the launch system, for viewing telemetry data from the launch system and for interacting directly with the launch system software.
- Design and implementation of internal tools used for creating, storing and visualizing data needed for an air launch system
- Design and implement web pages for viewing real-time telemetry coming from the launch system
- Design and implement web pages for interacting with the launch system
What you bring: If you want to join us, you’d better have all of these…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent years of experience within a similar role
- 1+ years of node.js professional experience
- 1+ years of Vue and/or Angular experience
- 3+ years of professional experience as a software developer
- Strong understanding of front and back-end development.
- Experienced with test-driven development
- Have designed/utilized RESTful APIs
- Strong understanding of web standards, cross-browser compatibility, and CSS.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Git
… and you should probably have a bunch of these, too.
- Experience with Atlassian products (Bitbucket, Confluence, JIRA)
- Ability to take ownership of a project from beginning to end
- Experience with messaging services (Kafka, RabbitMQ, MQTT, DDS)
- Experience with Python
- Experience developing microservices
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Our idea of a happy life: build rockets, work with brilliant people, serve purposeful customers, and open access to space. Sir Richard Branson’s belief is “If you get the perfect mix of people working for your company, you have a far greater chance of success.”
From the very start, we have placed top priority on growing and fostering a team of creative, diverse, and talented women and men.
Stay in touch with the latest news and updates from Virgin Orbit by following us on:
Instagram Facebook LinkedIn
Virgin Orbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Orbit is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.