Staff Accountant @ Tax Prose - Long Beach, CA
Post a job for free in Long Beach, CA
- QuickBooks Online and Desktop
- CS Thompson Reuters Suite
- Be able to Solve and Repair Balance Sheet Issues
- Proven education on the recent CARES act. Ability to help me serve the clients on these particular needs
- Analyze and compare facts and figures, using logic to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Compile monthly financial reports and prepare invoices for clients
- Coordinate organizational and administrative tasks and support payables and receivables
- Completes bank and/or account reconciliations.
- Month/year end closing
- Performs filing as needed of various financial documents.
- Prepares journal entries, account updates, and maintenance in QuickBooks accounting system.
- Collates and copy financial data as requested.
- Generates financial reports in QuickBooks.
- Creates and prepares various financial support schedules.
- Reviews invoices for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintains Quickbooks data for Vendors and customers.
- Prepare Corporate Tax Returns
- Communicates frequently with clients and other affiliates for clarifications and follow-up.
- Performs research on Accounting Transactions and Tax Laws
- All other accounting and finance duties as needed.
- QuickBooks Pro Advisor Certified
- College level Accounting courses completed
- CTEC/PTIN/ EA
- BA/BS in Accounting and CPA Eligible
- Must have a minimum of two years of experience Accounting & Tax Preparation
- Include in your resume submission a list of Accounting & Tax Software programs you have worked with
- There is opportunity to earn money above hourly pay.
- We are a full service Tax Firm and the opportunity to learn more about tax exists here.
Fast-moving environment with a lot of stress. There is only paid parking near this downtown office which the company does not pay for. We are in the middle of a public transportation hub, so there are other options.
- Identify and organize client’s documentation. Facilitation and coordination with clients to obtain missing information.
- Prepare and post adjusting journal entries as needed to organize the tax file for preparation.
- Prepare individual, partnership, and corporate tax returns.
- Prepare workpaper detail to summarize data and prepare tax file to be assigned and prepared by other associates.
- Supervision of associate level II and interns.
- Review of tax returns and files.
- Supervision and coordination with administrative staff to complete tax return assembly and processing of tax files.
- Preparation of payroll and sales tax returns.
- Taking on anything that you can that will save me time from handling billing disputes, consulting projects, and client inquiries to a variety of other tasks that save me time. In essence, you are willing to roll up your sleeves and help do whatever needs to be done so that we get the job done.
- Answering Phone.
- Make entries in workflow management software.
- Meticulous - you have a fine eye for the details.
- Resourceful - you always find a way to make it work. Solution-oriented. When I give you a project or assignment, you figure out a way to make it happen.
- Solid people skills - Able to get things done by working well with people. Able to negotiate better pricing, alternatives, etc. with vendors in a way that has them feeling good about it.
- Flexible – you can gracefully handle changing priorities and effectively deal with unexpected obstacles.
- Hyper-organized - Able to handle a large variety of projects and tasks and make sure nothing slips between the cracks.
- Utterly reliable.
- Completely trustworthy.
- Well-spoken - Articulate. Can communicate professionally and informally over the phone, in person, and in writing.
- Independent – doesn’t need me to micro-manage things but instead, you excel when given clear outcomes you are responsible for and then turned loose to get them done.
- Always looking for ways to create systems and structure to make projects and tasks flow better and be easier for the future.
- A great deal of common sense and business sense. Understand at a practical level how the world of business works so that you can help the company minimize costs and exposures and maximize and leverage opportunities and relationships.
- A Multi-tasker – you’ll be handling multiple projects and tasks across a broad front, so you’ll need to be able to move from one to the other in a way that ensures that nothing is missed.
- A fearless leader – Able to supervise others who have routine questions and catch what they don’t know they don’t know.
- Problem and Project Owner – You take charge of the project and work independently to see a project through to its completion. You don’t need anyone telling you to start the next step in the process, rather you consistently complete projects from start to finish.
- Comfortable with technology and able to quickly learn new software tools.
- Ability to leap over hurdles of incomplete data by gathering information necessary to prepare complete and accurate returns. This includes strong organization skills and forethought to consider what may be missing.
- The work environment is very informal and can be hectic at times. (If you have worked in a busy tax office before you are no stranger to this type of environment). You will need to be comfortable WITHOUT a lot of corporate formalities. You also need to be a clear communicator who will speak plainly and believes in work/life balance and making the workplace fun and fulfilling.
- Must want your work to be meaningful. Corny as it sounds I deeply believe that we are doing something special in the work our company does, and for this fit to be right, you’ll need to catch the larger vision of this.
- You can count on me to always be supportive, respectful, and considerate. But I will also hold you accountable for getting things done in an excellent fashion.
- Over time I want to be able to turn over more and more responsibility to you as we build the relationship and trust. I’m not looking for someone who I will need to constantly be looking over his or her shoulder. I want to be able to turn projects and tasks over to you and know they will get done (or to have problems communicated to me as early in the process as possible).
- The bottom line is that I am looking for a long-term fit with a special person who can complement my skills and abilities. Together we’ll generate amazing results. There are promotion opportunities available for the right person.
- This position offers part-time, flexible hours and is perfect for a professional returning to the workforce who would love to be home when school lets out. It would also be ideal for anyone looking for a part-time schedule.
- Started in 2015.
- Certified Business with National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce.
- Best of Long Beach Award in 2017 & 2018 in Tax and Accounting.
- Located in Downtown Long Beach.
- Run by an Enrolled Agent. Heavy Focus on Taxation.
- Office of 6 people.
Tax Prose, Inc. is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
About Tax Prose:
We provide individual tax preparation with the personalization that software packages can't. We keep up-to-date with the changing tax laws, as well as your changing life events, such as the birth of a child, a new business, new home, or inheritance. As a tax accounting firm, we adhere to certain ethical standards and codes of professional conduct established by governmental bodies and peer organizations.