In this role, you will provide complex scheduling and administrative support for the Department of Radiological Sciences clinical scheduling department..
Provide scheduling/patient coordination to the Neuro and Interventional Radiology team for all scheduled patients.
Schedule all necessary special equipment and procedure room for all Neuro and Interventional procedures.
Work as a member of a team to provide customer service and access to imaging.
Responsible for scheduling appointments accurately for the designated modality using CareConnect & RIS and to provide smooth access resulting in optimum patient and referring physician satisfaction.
The major job functions to include scheduling and obtaining clinical information pertinent to the ordered exams, collection of insurance and authorization information where appropriate and assist the Customer in coordinating exams in multiple modalities (Mammography, Fluoroscopy, MRI, CT, Ultrasound and Interventional Radiology.
Provide exceptional phone coverage for the Concierge Access line.
Have command of the UCLA CICARE patient protocol.
Help support the validation of orders and scheduled appointments made by our partners (Beryl Health) via Salesforce Portal. Work with Modality Leads for validation of orders (Tech Scrub List).
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact appropriately and congenially with staff, faculty, fellows, residents and patients. Ability to establish comfortable relationships with patients and their family member.
- Ability to independently make decision in the absence of superiors.
- Ability to rotate to Westwood Radiology as needed.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities, frequent interruptions, deadlines, emergencies and heavy workload.
- Strong working knowledge of personal computers, HIS and RIS systems. Demonstrated experience with work processing, spreadsheet and database programs, statistical programs including but not limited to: Microsoft Office suite-Word, Excel, Access.
- Skill in typing with accuracy and moderate speed.
- Ability to use mathematical skills to efficiently analyze various pertinent data related to workload and finance,
- Medical terminology to a level permitting accurate preparation of scheduling patient procedures, interacting with physicians, patients and staff.
- Basic organizational skills to ensure a workable, efficient office including organization schedules, electronic and paper records and files, etc.
- Skill in analyzing information or situations to define a problem, identify relevant concerns, formulate logical and objective conclusions and alternatives.
- Ability to handle confidentiality issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Familiarity in gathering of data and data analysis to assist in budget preparation and financial analysis as it relates to the CVIR section.
- Ability to read and write correspondence and reports of a business nature using good grammar, punctuation and syntax.
- Basic organization skills to ensure a workable, efficient office including organizing schedules, electronic and paper records and files, etc.
- Working knowledge of hospital/billing forms and the ability to explain services and charges to patients and/or family.
- Skill in quickly assimilating and retaining a large body of financial screening and patient registration information.
- Ability to use hospital EMPAC system for ordering contrast agents and other supplies as requested for Neuro and IR teams.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.