Senior Front End Developer
byteme.com - Los Angeles, CA
We are an energetic, inspired, entrepreneurial team that is changing the way people think about achieving a beautiful smile. No longer do you have to step inside the orthodontist office to create the smile of your dreams. With a click of a button, you are on the road to making those dreams a reality. Our doctor-directed, at-home system makes it easy, safe and affordable for everyone. Check it out for yourself at www.byteme.com.
Our team operates from a place of transparency, integrity, and openness, and believes work is a place you should grow personally, as well as professionally, and we work hard to create structure and opportunities for everyone to thrive.
Interested? Let’s talk.
We're looking for a Frontend Developer and Shopify whisperer to help create stunning ecommerce experiences for our customers.
What will we expect from you? A winning personality is essential ("winning" meaning positive, supportive, friendly, and quick to smile at even the dumbest, yet well-intentioned, joke). Also, a collaborative spirit, and anything-is-possible attitude, as you'll combine the art of design and programming while translating UI/UX design wireframes into code. Working with the UI/UX Designers, you'll bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works, ensuring a great, high-converting user experience.
What you’ll do…
- Build flawless and efficient e-commerce sites for our customers
- Translate static mockup into a working interactive experience
- Create user-friendly web pages and develop new user-facing and mobile-based features
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate cross-departmentally with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Ensure high-quality graphics standards and brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
What you bring…
- 3+ years of frontend development experience with a strong understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Strong knowledge of Angular.js, currently using version 7
- Solid understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, and layout aesthetics
- Strong understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience with browser testing, debugging using browser stack, and code versioning tools, such as GIT
- Strong understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, AJAX, cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Decent to excellent understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications adhere to them
- Inclinations to thrive in startup environments
- Independent worker and a true self-starter. You can survey a situation and know where and how to contribute
- Great sense of humor. You don't necessarily have to make the jokes, but you appreciate the effort of those who do...
- The opportunity to be in early on the start of something amazing.
- Competitive pay and an employer paid contribution toward company sponsored health care plan. Vision and dental also available.
- We’ll hook you up with awesome aligner and whitening benefits. Your family too!
- An exceptional company culture (if we do say so!) in a truly flat organization that values commitment and hustle over titles and rigid hierarchies.
- Monthly team building events that you will definitely want to attend.
Sound like you? Get on this. Apply Now - careers(at)byteme.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Los Angeles, CA (Required)
- United States (Required)
AI powered job discovery for job seekers and Free ATS for Employers