Work you’ll do
- Install, configure, and test Apigee installations and Upgrades
- Design, develop, configure, and troubleshoot APIs and policies using APIGEE
- Implement requirements of the API layer like security, custom analytics, throttling, caching, logging, monetization, request and response modifications etc. using Apigee
- Design and develop API platform to connect to various disparate backend systems for seamless data exchange
- Build and support the APIs through the entire lifecycle
- Perform regular health checks and monitor performance of the Apigee environment
- Write Open API spec and smart docs for on boarding APIs to developer portal
- Convert web services from SOAP to REST or vice-versa, using Apigee API management platform
- Build and create shared flows for Error Handling, Security and other scenarios
- Work with the product vendor on issue resolution and enhancements
- Debug Apigee EDGE components
- Write Automation Test cases
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client’s end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff
- Strong knowledge of Apigee component architecture and implementation configurations
- Experience with design and development of REST API platform using APIGEE/APIM, converting web services from SOAP to REST or vice-versa
- Experience in API layer like security, custom analytics, throttling, caching, logging, monetization, request and response modifications etc. using APIGEE
- Experience with APIGEE edge and API management
- Experience with High availability, load balancing and failover configurations with Apigee
- Knowledge of health checks and monitoring procedures for Apigee components & APIs
- Understanding of TLS, certificates, keystore and truststore
- API Analytics - generation of custom reports and integration with external tools like Splunk
- Experience with API security norms and conversant in common Internet technologies and protocols viz HTTPs, SSL, OAuth, REST, JSON, XML etc
- Travel up to 80% (While 80% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Apigee Trained
- Apigee Certified (API Engineer Certification)
- Experience in Drupal portal with ability to extend functionality using Drupal modules
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.