Innovate. Collaborate. Build. Create. Solve. The KPMG Digital Lighthouse is KPMG's award-winning Analytics & AI Center of Excellence recognized by clients and leading analyst firms in the US and globally. The KPMG Lighthouse is a curation of specialized technical capabilities and domain experts working across the digital landscape: applied data science, AI, data engineering and insights, software engineering, automation, and big data. Here, you'll work with a diverse team of professionals to explore and build solutions for clients in a multiplatform environment.
You'll be an important part of our high-energy, unique, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. In this particular role, you'll work specifically in the AI Analytics & Engineering Community within the Digital Lighthouse, on a wide range of projects. From applied AI to optimization to big data platform engineering, your analytical and technical skills will drive real impact in the business world. At KPMG, our commitment to your career development helps to set us apart as an employer. We want to enhance your potential, both for yourself and as a contributor to our firm. That's why we provide every opportunity to expand your skills, knowledge and experiences through formal education and training programs, leadership development opportunities, and, as well as informal one-on-one coaching and mentoring from your KPMG colleagues.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Director, Lead Software Engineering to join our KPMG Lighthouse - Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics practice.
- Deliver technical solutions, mentor and manage engineers to become proficient developers using best practices based software development approaches and processes; work in cross-disciplinary teams within KPMG to understand client needs and rapidly architect, design, prototype, and implement architectures to support the software engineering needs
- Analyze, design, and develop software that delivers clean, maintainable code within a large, complex, and established code base
- Lead business requirement capture and translation, hypothesis-driven design, work stream and project management, and client relationship development
- Partner with Architecture teams to design, implement, and test software solutions and data science algorithms on a variety of hosted settings, such as AWS, Azure, GCP, and KPMG's own clusters
- Contribute to a micro-service oriented evolution of the technical infrastructure with a cloud first based implementation approach; within an Agile environment, work as part of a Scrum team and manage solution development leveraging firm approved technology stack
- Participate in Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Retrospectives and assist with prioritizing backlog, and reducing technical debt; Participate in coaching activities across cross-functional internal and external teams on Agile and DevOps practices
- Minimum eight years of experience managing a team of developers with People Management and Performance review responsibilities; hands-on software development experience with server-side, UI/UX development, web-based technologies - full stack preferred; must be fluent in Python programming
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Strong understanding of these programming languages is desired: Flask, Node.js, Angular(.js), and React; understanding of cloud and distributed systems principles, including load balancing, networks, scaling, in-memory vs. disk; proficient with micro-service architecture with a deep understanding of strengths and pitfalls; proficiency in schema design in relational or NoSQL databases
- Deep experience with CI/CD tools such as: GIT, Bitbucket, Jenkins, and Azure/AWS/GCP DevOps; strong sense of quality, and sharp engineering skills with strong computer science fundamentals with the ability to understand product requirements and translate them into technical subtasks; experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Ability to travel up to twenty percent
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.