Religion of Sports is looking for a contract development producer – based in Los Angeles -- to join a growing audio team. This person would be our first hire on the talk side.
The development producer’s job is to develop, pilot and launch ambitious new show(s) that will form the nucleus of a completely new talk slate from Religion of Sports.
The best candidate will have extensive experience in producing talk series. They will bring compelling ideas of their own, but also will be open to and excited by shaping and encouraging the ideas of others. They will have a healthy competitive spirit and a passion for growth and innovation in a time of dynamic change. The candidate will have discerning taste and keen judgment, as well as an eagerness to help us develop a new and unique voice in the talk space.Duties
- Show development i.e. refining concepts, format, storyboarding, script drafting, futures planning format, including storyboarding and scripting
- Work closely with show hosts, ROS Executives, producers, audio engineer to develop the voice, sound aesthetic of the show
- Identify and develop new host/production talent and acquisitions
- Work closely with production coordinator to develop editorial and production plans timed to the development and launch of other ROS podcasts
- Successfully pitch, write, edit and produce high-profile, new show ideas that fit the voice of Religion of Sports
- Work closely with the PRX editorial, sales, and marketing teams to execute the most impactful campaign around launch and sustained growth
- Help hire, supervise and mentor new junior team members on the talk side as the team continues to grow
- Similarly helps to create a strong editorial direction of content. Requires superior writing, editing, pitching skills
- Editorial support in ensuring the best messaging and tone for all marketing messages
Required Skills and Experience
- Production scheduling; Talent booking; Interview prep
- Directing and coaching talent in VO sessions and interviews
- Producing recording sessions (logistics e.g. studios, tape syncs, etc.)
- Some research and reporting
- Story editing
- Cutting tape, assembling episodes, scoring, and producing high-quality audio segments
- Makes sure web content (text, images) and any promotional materials are edited and delivered to marketing team on time
- 3+ years working in developing/producing talk podcasts
- Strong relationship builder and naturally collaborative leader. Experience coaching and inspiring diverse, inclusive teams to excellence
- Ability to articulate ideas precisely and concisely – and to cultivate the strong ideas that come from other producers, executives, advisors, editors, and reporters
- A passion for innovation - trying new things - even if they don’t always work out.
- Must be comfortable in a dynamic and ever-changing startup environment
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.About Religion of Sports:
Religion of Sports is a sports media content company co-founded by Tom Brady, Michael Strahan and Gotham Chopra. The company produces content ranging from short form video to podcasts to feature films that answer the core question Why Do Sports Matter? Content includes its flagship Religion of Sports series, Shut Up & Dribble
on Showtime, and the docu-series Tom vs. Time
with Tom Brady for Facebook Watch.
Recently, Religion of Sports announced their partnership with PRX across their entire slate of new narrative and talk podcasts.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $6,700.00 - $8,500.00 per month
- talk podcast producing: 3 years (Required)
- Los Angeles, CA (Required)
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19