Backend Engineer @ Treehouse Games - Los Angeles, CA
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
Treehouse is a development studio focused on creating games that are the best way for friends to spend time together. We’re looking for a Backend Engineer who’s excited to build scalable services, make impactful decisions for the team, and develop whatever code it takes to deliver our first live-service game to players. Candidates willing to relocate to Los Angeles preferred, open to remote working within the U.S.
- Work with the team to create and operate the backend services that enable features in and around our live service game
- Establish a technical vision with the Lead Engineer with long-term development efficiency and scalability in mind
- Rapidly prototype features using new tech stacks to identify and deliver the best solutions for the team
- Work closely with the Lead Engineer and collaborate in a fully cross-functional team. Bring ideas and provide feedback to improve both the holistic game and our team’s development process
- 2+ years of experience in back-end development in a production-ready environment
- Expertise with one or more server-side development stacks (eg. Java, JVM-based languages, Golang, Python, Node.js)
- Excited to contribute to an open and trusting work environment
- Authorized to work in the United States
- At Treehouse, every member of our team cares about the larger game we’re building together. We value every voice and we’re looking for fresh perspectives, so we hope candidates with diverse backgrounds will apply
- Passion for cooperative games
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Experience building scalable services for online games
- Experience with DevOps solutions, such as orchestration/containerization (Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes), monitoring (New Relic, Grafana/Kibana), and CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Base Salary, Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Life), and Equity
- Relocation Assistance Available
About Treehouse Games
We’re a development studio focused on building collaborative games for a growing, global audience of players who use games as their favorite way to hang out together. Based in Los Angeles, Treehouse is venture-backed and built by industry veterans - half of the team comes from gaming powerhouses including Microsoft, Riot Games and the original DotA mod, and half comes from successful indie startups like Sirvo Studios and Industrial Toys.
Treehouse is making cooperative experiences that are all about quality time spent with friends. Games that do this well today see amazing engagement among women and in regions around the world - we’re looking for diverse candidates with unique backgrounds to bring these and other meaningful perspectives to our team.