Business Relationship Manager @ LRW - Los Angeles, CA
Business Relationship Manager
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
LRW is a leading global analytics and insights consultancy, providing full service, custom research and consulting engagements. We advise world class brands on strategy, branding, communications, product development, innovation and customer experience, and are recognized as one of the world's most innovative and fastest growing market research firms. Headquartered in LA and with over 900 employees in 10+ offices (US, London), the LRW Group generates over $200 million in revenue. Clients span a wide range of industries, including entertainment and media, technology, consumer packaged goods, retail, financial. business services, automotive, and pharmaceuticals.
In line with LRW IT's mission of People First, the Business Applications team needs someone who can step into ambiguity, build & sustain relationships and confidently navigate the business to making the right technology choices in LRW's entrepreneurial, customer-focused & results oriented culture - which is where the Business Relationship Manager comes in…
Reporting to the VP of IT (on an interim basis) as a member of the Business Applications team, the Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is a talented IT generalist, capable of guiding and facilitating "adult conversations" about IT with Departments across the business, wherever & whenever the need arises. They readily partner with any team or individual, at any level, to understand the Department(s)' demands & requirements, identify appropriate experts & partners and bring these resources together to deliver fit-for-purpose solutions, helping to fulfil LRW IT's mission of People First. They appreciate nuance, but fight complexity, motivated by the satisfaction of faster, more reliable outcomes for their Department(s), and are energised by exposure to the full gamut of relationship management topics, from solution requirements gathering & business process mapping, to solution architecture & design, to project & operational management of delivered solutions.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE?
A successful Business Relationship Manager will have mastered the art of relationship management, successfully representing a group of very engaged & loyal customers from the Department(s) they've focused on. Having developed a deep understanding of the demands, needs & ways of working of the Department(s), the BRM will have delivered solutions that "just work" without being noticed, built confidence & trust with their business counterparts, IT colleagues, partners & vendors alike, and be armed with the experience & know-how to take on bigger opportunities in any IT governance, people management or program/project management discipline they have a passion for.
- Engage & support LRW IT's leadership in discovering IT's current state, and defining IT's future state;
- Drive & facilitate discussions between Department(s)' points of contact and LRW IT's service owners & extended teams, ensuring the right people are involved at the right time on the right topics;
- Determine & prioritise the people, process & technology solutions that will deliver the best IT outcomes for the Department(s), LRW's end users and ultimately, our clients;
- Engage & energise the Department(s) on their use of technology, and help them to understand where they can get the most "bang for their buck", without stepping on landmines;
- Navigate & negotiate the Department(s) and LRW IT teams through competing priorities, conflicting agendas and anything else that may detract from delivering on our mission of People First;
- Manage & own the applications, products, processes & services that support the Department(s)' technology, privacy & security needs in an effective, customer-centric manner.
- Partner deeply with Department(s), LRW IT and Security teams to detect, select, implement & run the right processes and technology solutions for their people;
- Communicate engagingly with IT and Department stakeholders to ensure alignment, manage expectations, and demonstrate the value & maturity of LRW IT's focus on Business Applications;
- Relentlessly drive a business & end user focused IT culture that delivers on our mission of People First, easily pivoting from "No" to "How" when faced with challenges;
- Bring structure to ambiguity by proposing & implementing solutions, while remaining flexible in, and responsive to, our entrepreneurial, customer-focused results-oriented culture;
- Bring insight & know-how to due diligence, planning & integration of acquired companies;
- Identify & mitigate risks, by taking proactive steps to prevent undesirable outcomes;
- Establish & monitor key performance indicators that show clearly whether the Departments' processes and technology is delivering on its promise, or where we need it to improve;
- Support LRW IT teams to understand the Department(s)' IT Service landscape, ensuring good solutions are well understood and continuously improved upon by all teams.
- Done it: 7+ years' experience in IT governance topics - project management, customer success management, service management, enterprise architecture or similar;
- Know it: Undergraduate degree in a related field of study or equivalent commercial & industry-certifiable experience (ITIL, COBIT, PMBOK, Prince2, etc);
- Show it: Demonstrable experience in converting complex business needs into fit-for-purpose, straightforward solutions, with well-managed execution and robust transition to operations;
- Do it: Strong program/project management knowledge & skills, covering planning and execution, specifically ensuring solutions are made by & transitioned to LRW IT teams and partners - not held on to by the Business Relationship Manage forever.
- An innovator, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve the Department(s)' ways of working;
- A relationship builder and a team player who identifies & promotes best practices to colleagues, counterparts and partners alike, ensuring the case for change is internalised by their peers and partners through influence & persuasion;
- A multi-tasker, able to work in a fast-paced environment without getting overwhelmed easily;
- An eye for detail, always ready to put in the extra effort to deliver polished, well-formed IT solutions to LRW;
- Mindful of the employee experience - articulate, confident & well-spoken in all forms of communication, comfortable to be the voice of our customer to LRW IT, and the face of LRW IT to our customers;
- Looking to get in on the ground floor of something very exciting by building an IT organisation that:
- has influence because we've earned it (we don't talk about "having a seat at the table")
- has trust from teams, employees and leadership (even when we have to deliver tough news or make hard choices)
- Truly delivers on our mission of People First.