Cashier, Server, and Cook @ Buffalo Wild Wings - Los Angeles, CA
Cashier, Server, and Cook
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
Server Job Description
We are looking for a Server who will be responsible for taking orders from and serving food to customers. Duties will mostly include taking food and drink orders and writing them down on order slips, and ensuring that tables are served properly and that all payments are collected.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a positive attitude and ability work well under pressure with bussers, cooks and other staff. Previous work experience involving customer service in a fast-paced environment is greatly desired.
- Take food and drink orders from customers accurately and with a positive attitude.
- Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Engage with customers in a friendly manner.
- Knowledge of the menu, with the ability to make suggestions.
- Ensure tables are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from tables.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Help food preparation staff when necessary.
A line cook is usually assigned the task of preparing the food in a specific area or along the line in a restaurant kitchen such as the vegetable prep area or the grill.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Line Cook
- Helps set up the whole kitchen prior to a restaurant’s opening.
- Sets up a station by bringing all containers of necessary food items to that point in the line.
- Cooks a specific portion of each plated meal as assigned by either the head or sous chef.
- Assists with cutting, marinating and precooking foods.
- Keeps pace with other cooks on the line so that all food is ready for each plate at the same time.
- Steps in to help another line cook who is running behind.
- Assembles dishes and provides garnishment.
- Plates food in an attractive manner to maximize customer enjoyment.
- Pitches in, along with the rest of the staff, to maintain sanitary conditions and organization in the kitchen.
- Wraps unused items and stores in proper areas at the end of a shift, and shuts off all equipment at the station.
- Cleans and sanitizes the area with soap and warm water.
- Participates in cleaning the rest of the kitchen before the restaurant closes for the night.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $16.50 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- bartending: 1 year (Preferred)
- server: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible