Direct Support Professional (DSP) @ Sleep Easy - Los Angeles, CA
Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
Transport customers to medical/dental appointments, and also to various community and social activities.
Provide care and supervision for residents and ensure that all basic care needs are met in a timely and efficient manner, including but not limited to the following:
- MedicationsAttend in-service training sessions.
Maintain a clean and orderly home in a caring environment for residents
Complete an on-site orientation, which addresses the following:
- The facility’s program design
- Consumer IPPs
- Consumer’s rights regulations
- Assistance to consumers with prescribed medications
- Health and emergency procedures, including fire safety
- Identification and reporting of special incidents, as required by Title 17, California Code of Regulations, section 54327(a)
- Identification and reporting of consumer abuse
All new staff members shall complete a minimum of 8 hours of continuing education relating to the administration and management of residential services for persons with developmental disabilities.
Observation and reporting any resident request, needs, changes, or observations to the Administrator
Encouraging and assisting residents with a variety of planned recreational, physical, social and educational activities.
Responding to resident requests.
Supervising residents and visitors signing in and out of the facility.
Following safety guidelines in the facility, including proper lifting techniques and standard precautions when providing care to the residents.
Promoting open communication between health care professionals, families, residents, and Administrator.
Participate in all training as required by facility policy and regulation.
Observation and supervision of residents.
Reporting any abuse of any resident that they witness. If they suspect but do not witness abuse, they are still to report the suspected abuse.
Provide assistance with all activities of daily living and with all personal care including but not limited to grooming, hygiene and assisting with all encouraging recreational, social, and physical and educational activities.
Maintaining the facility in a neat, safe and sanitary condition.
Assisting immediately on any resident crisis, following facility policy and basic first aid training.
Care for cognitively impaired resident by using techniques for addressing the unique needs and behaviors population
Demonstrate understanding and support of Resident Rights by providing for resident privacy; maintain resident confidentiality; promote the residents right to make personal choices to accommodate their needs; reinforce behavior consistent with resident dignity assist resident to participate in activities.
Ensure that all resident and resident’s guests sign in and out of facility
Perform food service duties, including:
- Check the menu item’s ingredients for quality, wholesomeness and quantity.
- Prepare meals and snacks.
- Ensure all standardized recipes are followed as they are written.
- Utilize sound food handling practices for the storage and preparation for each menu item.
- Maintain a strict “clean as you go” policy or ensuring a clean and professional work environment.
- Report all equipment maintenance concerns to the Administrator.
- Work with the Administrator, contributing ideas and suggestions in the planning of special theme/holiday occasions.
- Provide therapeutically correct food items for special diets as directed by the Administrator utilizing physician orders.
- Keeping the kitchen and dining area in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Serve resident’s meals and snacks and meal and snack clean up.
Perform housekeeping services:
- Cleaning of bathrooms
- Cleaning of linoleum flooring
- Spot clean carpet
- Perform resident laundry service to include:
- Strip bedding and replace
- Wash and return all clothes, linen and towels within 24 hours
- Perform major cleaning procedures on a scheduled basis to include the following:
- Washing of windows inside and out
- Carpet cleaning to include total extraction or sport extraction as needed
- The moving of furniture to vacuum or extract those areas
- Provide cleaning services in vacant rooms in preparation for new residents.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- On Call
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Required)
- Overnight (Required)
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative