For over 30 years, Yorktel has been the video managed services partner around the world for some of the largest business and government agencies. With over 10,000 video systems under management worldwide – more than any other video communications service provider – Yorktel has the proven expertise and global reach to deliver enterprise-quality visual communications.
Yorktel is currently seeking Director of Sales Engineering who will be responsible to prepare, deliver and execute technical presentations detailing our proposed solution or services to customers and/or prospective clients. Confer with sales, customers and engineering team to fulfill customer requirements. Lead the SE and AE team, manage their utilization and maintain SLA matrix. Provide high level support for onsite technical teams and help where needed.Roles and Responsibilities:
Primary Responsibilities - Not Limited to:
- Prepare and deliver customer’s opportunity documentation via quotes, presentation, etc
- Lead pre-sales and Application Engineering meetings
- Assignments of opportunities and track for on time delivery
- Administrative responsibilities (i.e. time sheets, performance reviews, etc)
- Reporting on SLA, opportunities Win/Lose and utilization
- Provide technical guidance and consulting to the customer, as well as oversite active projects and escalation point for the Project Managers
- Assist Sales in penetration of the account
- Adhere to quote engineering peer review and other milestones in the process
- Provide weekly status report to VP of Design engineer
Secondary Focus – Not Limited to:
Skills and Abilities:
- Provide escalation support of onsite Staff
- Escalate to VP of Design Engineering as needed for Onsite team related issues
- Engage with the other engineering department for proper alignment (SA, Microsoft Practice)
Education and Qualifications:
- High levels of Professionalism and Integrity
- High ability to work with peers
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times
- Extensive use of business computer systems including Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Project.
- Proactive and coaching management style
- 5 years’ experience or more in Pre and Post sales engineering
- May require occasional lifting (up to 50 lbs)
- Requires extensive sitting, standing and walking
- Domestic travel requiring multi-night stays within and at times outside the local work area
- Valid passport; International travel possible
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to complete background checks and drug tests as required by current or future contracts
- Must be willing to apply for security clearances (clearances may be required to work at certain customer locations.)
Join us and you will enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package, including 401k and Flex 125 plans.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, Genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.