Who we are
Albert is a new type of financial service that uses powerful technology to automate your finances, with a team of human experts to guide you. Our geniuses find savings you’re missing, identify bills you’re overpaying, help you pay down debt faster, save automatically for you, and much more. Text Albert a financial question, and we’ll not only offer guidance; we’ll help you make it happen.
We’re an LA-based startup with a proven business model, backed by top tier institutional investors, and over 3 million users who have trusted Albert to help them achieve their financial goals. We’re on a mission to improve the financial lives of millions of people with a simple, beautifully designed product, and we’re looking for thoughtful, talented people to join us on our journey.
The Director of Engineering is an integral role in Albert’s team. It requires meticulous focus and the confidence to establish technical systems, develop polished code, engage in consistent documentation and inspire productivity across engineering roles, as our company scales. The right candidate will:
- Establish engineering processes and define our engineering standards
- Identify and implement core technologies, while removing technical hurdles
- Work cross-functionally, supporting the successful implementation of core features
- Build solutions for appropriate scalability
- Have a perfectionist-like mind, naturally monitoring and fine-tuning systems for performance
- Engage in troubleshooting, testing, and maintaining core product software; optimize, scale, and improve existing code
- Provide software and technology research, analysis, and recommendations
- Not be afraid to jump in and produce professional code as needed
Ownership: dive in and take ownership of front-to-backend stack and develop great products that you are proud of every day.
- Architecture: completing tasks is important. Completing tasks in a way that anticipates the scope of our ambitions is equally important.
- Organization: work across various layers of our company in an inspired, efficient way.
- Prioritization: prioritize initiatives to demonstrate alignment with our business strategy and value propositions. Communicate priorities and drive consensus on the path forward.
- Teamwork: at Albert, one of the underpinnings of our culture is to care. We care about our customers’ financial wellness, we care about the health of our business, and we treat each other with kindness and respect every day.