Executive Assistant to the Chair @ UCLA Health - Los Angeles, CA
Executive Assistant to the Chair
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
As the Executive Assistant, you are responsible for providing executive-level administrative support to the Chair of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. This includes a wide range of high-level administrative duties, including executive scheduling, planning travel, submitting financial reimbursements, filing and retrieval, designing and maintaining database, composing executive correspondence, meeting logistics and preparation, and clerical functions. In scheduling activities, the incumbent maintains a complex, dynamic and non-routine executive calendar that requires respectful yet assertive interactions with assistants for other UCLA Health leaders and also requires screening to prioritize daily, weekly and monthly activities.
- Skill in maintaining calendars and schedules with complex logistics
- Skill in ready retrieval of information, assembling materials prior to and in support of the CAO’s meetings, appointments, conferences and travel.
- Ability to work in an environment requiring close coordination of tasks and ongoing instruction by the CAO's Manager of Special Projects.
- Skill in assimilating and synthesizing information quickly and relating it to others by oral or written communication accurately and clearly.
- Demonstrated skill in interacting with and receiving visitors in a polite and poised manner, remaining pleasant and helpful when under demands of workload or faced with an occasional incorrigible individual.
- Demonstrated ability to perform work covering the full spectrum of administrative duties in support of a Business Office in a professional manner prioritizing assignments and demonstrating flexibility by responding quickly and accurately to sudden deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook
- Skill in systematizing diverse information and material, establishing and maintaining logical filing and retrieval systems.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in order to develop professional, cooperative working relationships with co-workers, administrators, faculty, students, staff, off-campus personnel and general public.
- Ability and judgment to recognize an emergency situation and react in a calm and orderly manner while seeking assistance.
- Working knowledge of University policies and procedures regarding administrative and accounting forms in order to provide support for administrative operations.
- Knowledge of Travel Express and BruinBuy and general knowledge of UCLA accounting procedures
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.