Purple combines uber comfort with science-backed technology to make sleep and sit products for everyday life. Their award-winning marketing represents the company's quirky, colorful culture and their over 100 granted and pending patents guarantee that this company is one-of-a-kind. Nestled at the base of the Wasatch mountain range, Purple sits as one of Utah's fastest growing companies. Poised to take over the world — or at least the mattress industry — Purple is looking for the most-rad, ultra-cool, totally-awesome peeps to join the team.
The Purple Field Sales Representative is on the front line of sales and in-store merchandising efforts with our retail partners. The Field Sales Representative is responsible for managing store-level brand execution within a territory composed of several stores across multiple retail brands. The Field Sales Representative will be the primary contact for in-store training, merchandising & display execution, and in communicating important initiatives from corporate to store-level. The Field Sales Representative will be responsible to ensure that stores have adequate factory support, sales materials, product knowledge training, and point of purchase materials. The Field Sales Representative will focus on instituting a “sell-through obsession” by focusing on increasing inventory turns and minimizing product returns using cross-merchandising tactics, event marketing initiatives, and deploying in-store marketing materials.
The Field Sales Representative will manage the in-store execution for the entire Purple product suite. The Field Sales Representative will report to the Director of Sales, North America in Utah. Purple is looking for hard working, diligent performers that have a desire to be promoted within by accepting more responsibility.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ability to work multiple shifts including weekends and evenings (as necessary)
- Ability to read and analyze sell through and inventory reports AND develop plans to meet sales, turns, and training objectives
- Ability to travel 70%+ of the time including overnight travel
- Ability to exercise good judgement and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently on projects with remote field management
- Self-starter with a focus on driving results, including managing expense and sales budgets within their territory
- Must be excellent at phone, email, and in person communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships and work well with a team.
- We are a young, rapidly growing, entrepreneurial company. We need people that can see an opportunity, own it, solve it, and do it.
- There are times, while rare that we have to set up beds, maintain displays, etc..
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 2 years of outside or field sales experience, preferably within a retail-serving environment
- Current Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Currently reside in Utah, but willing to relocate domestically as growth dictates
- Seeking highly energetic, self starter. Must work well with a team.
WHY WORK AT PURPLE?
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Generous PTO
- Market Money
- Earn a Mattress
- Purple Swag
- Amazing Purple Products
- Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Purple, you will be empowered to bring your ideas to life as we work together to improve people’s lives through comfort.
- Gain unique experience: Be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in Utah! The contributions you make will matter at Purple as the company continues to grow with you.
- Awesome culture: Join the tight-knit team at Purple and you can enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close friends, and annual employee appreciation events.
Purple provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.