Front End EngineerJob Description
Who we are:
- With over 25 million surveys collected annually from thousands of retailers worldwide, Bizrate Insights is one of the largest sources of verified customer-generated seller ratings and reviews, helping both retailers and consumers make informed decisions. Bizrate Insights’ core solutions cover online visitors and buyers as well as retail store buyers, allowing retailers of all sizes to build best-in-class customer experiences, gain competitive intelligence, and attract more qualified traffic.
Why you should work with us:
- If you’re interested in improving the user experience of VitalSigns while working with some of the newest features of React, Node, and AWS, then Bizrate Insights is the perfect fit for you. Our biggest investment is in people like you. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement, learning sessions and attendance at tech conferences to help you thrive. At Bizrate Insights, you can expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with some nice perks on the side. If you are a passionate technologist who can get a lot done while having fun, come join a team of like-minded, skilled professionals where you can learn and share your knowledge!
What we look for in our engineers:
- Ownership. You feel ownership over everything you ship. You'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct.
- Passion . You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage. You are excited to work with a modern front-end stack, but you have demonstrable experience with a diverse pool of technologies.
- Be a team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team—that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Have an ability to make an impact. You will work on a product that is collecting over 25 million surveys annually. You seek new methods and tools to make great websites faster and better, both on the front-end and back-end.
- Never stop learning. Exposure to latest & great technologies; onsite tech talks and training sessions; attending tech conferences.
- Collaborate . Partner with a diverse group of professionals with different skills & disciplines across the organization to achieve a common goal.
- Write great code. You care about writing good code, design, performance and an outstanding user experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience writing production front-end software
- Experience with modern web architecture and methodologies
- Experience with browser testing tools like Nightwatch, Cypress or Selenium
- Experience with open source development and build tools such as Jenkins and Git
- Strong knowledge of UI/UX design and best practices
- Working in an Agile development environment
- Ability to thrive and work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral) and collaboration skills
It is the policy of Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Meredith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Meredith participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees