Senior Front-end Engineer @ OpenTable - Los Angeles, CA
Senior Front-end Engineer
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
At OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Development. We believe that velocity comes from a dedication to clean code and proven engineering principles. We deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and tens of thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you embrace engineering best practices and can deliver exceptional quality in a dynamic, agile environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too.
The products we build help restaurants, from small (mom & pop) to large, run their businesses and be successful (real people, real businesses…you making a real difference). Our engineers partner with Product, Design and Marketing from inception to go-live to design, create, build and deliver new features. You will be technical lead for features, responsible for software design and build, delivering features as well as collaborating with delivery manager and partner teams.
- Work directly with product managers, designers and other developers to build and ship features
- Adapt and iterate quickly based on user feedback and product metrics
- Software architecture, code review, bug resolution, build and monitoring devops
- Help shape our technology stack which is always evolving and improving
- Build our in-house component library with your teammates
- Share our passion for quality in everything we do: products, visual designs and UX, software design, code, builds, shipping and satisfying customers
- 5+ years of experience in design and development of software
- Track record of building products with technologies we use including: React, state mgt such as Redux, Typescript, NodeJS
- Strong testing fu including react testing library, mocha, spies, nock, cypress.io
- Experience with webpack, linters, docker containers, continuous integration, web performance
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and plan with all members of the team
- Ability to plan and scope large features
- Excellent attention to detail
We'll start with a technical phone screen (code share). If you have the chops then we'll invite you to in person video interviews.
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 24 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 50,000+ restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1 billion diners around the world. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, Japan, Germany, and Mexico.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.