Noun Project (thenounproject.com) is looking for a full-time Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team in Los Angeles.
Noun Project launched in 2011 to build a global visual language that unites the world - a language that allows quick and easy communication no matter who you are or where you are. Since then, our community of creators has contributed nearly 3 million icons that are used and loved by millions of people around the world. As a leader in visual communication, we believe that visual language has the power to shape, reinforce, and change perceptions. Through initiatives like Iconathons, community design workshops, and the Redefining Women collection, we are building the most extensive and diverse collection of iconography ever created.
As the Senior Frontend Engineer you will collaborate with a small team of engineers and designers to build and deliver amazing user experiences for the Noun Project website. The right candidate is a lifelong learner, someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, is both disciplined and imaginative in their work, and a great communicator.
We’re located in Los Angeles, CA and will pay relocation expenses for the right candidate. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time; all candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.. We do our best work when we’re working together as a team, therefore remote work will not be considered.
We believe broad perspectives are fundamental to serving our customers, and that diverse experiences are the key to innovation, collaboration, and awareness of the globalized context we live in. We strongly encourage people from backgrounds currently underrepresented in tech to apply, and look forward to welcoming the best candidate to our team regardless of their national origin, gender, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation.Requirements
Nice To Have
- 5+ years of full time experience as a Web Engineer.
- Building applications using a client-side framework such as React, AngularJS, or Ember.js.
- Optimizing client-side web applications for speed and performance.
- Experience writing tests in a client-side test framework such as Jasmine, Mocha, or WebDriver.
- Experience writing automated backend tests.
- Experience with agile development and common tools, such as Git.
- Experience with an MVC web frameworks such as Django or Rails.
- Experience with React, Redux, and Webpack.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, and RDS.
- Experience with SAML or OAuth.
React, Redux, GraphQL, Python, Django, MySQLBenefits
- Competitive salary.
- Fortune 500 benefits including great health, dental, vision and 401K plans.
- Healthy work-life balance.
- Work from home once a week.
- Creative & dog-friendly work environment.
- Paid family and pregnancy leave.
- We're small. We all share our ideas. We all collaborate.