FULL STACK SENIOR ENGINEER
Multiple Positions: Front End | Back End | Native Mobile Apps | AR | Game DevelopmentJOB DESCRIPTION
SendThanksNow (STN) is seeking full stack developers t o help build a more grateful world. In particular we a re looking for “artist-engineers” who c an help us iterate our product and take it to t he next level. Since launching our beta platform, STN has been rapidly growing our community of users. We believe t hat everyone deserves thanks and we need your help to pay it forward.
Senior Engineers will be responsible for quickly learning our current stack and helping t o determine new components, design, and build. Currently, the technology is a unique hybrid of transactional and social media platform. I t is positioning gratitude to become the next social currency. We are experimenting with multiple a venues including augmented reality, gamification, and encrypted communication. As multiple positions are available, not all skills and languages are required for every role.
We are seeking energetic, creative, team players, who will work "startup-hours” to help bring our offering t o the world. These individuals must b e self-starters with vision, who collaborate side-by-side with our founding team to shape the product. All positions will begin immediately as monthly consulting engagements with the hopes of transitioning full time employment.COMPANY
Hearts Ventures Inc. (d/b/a SendThanksNow) is bringing the world a new offering: Gratitude as a Service. Our products gamify the giving and receiving o f thanks and positivity. Gratitude is one of the f ew things w e can always use more of in t he world. Until now, there was no specific digital space to engage in the pure form of one of the oldest gestures i n society. SendThanksNow was created to enable users to give personally and directly t o the people they care a bout most. Today, given t he COVID-19 global pandemic, w e are focused on s ending t hanks to essential workers and institutions. Often these are the people and places that deserve o ur thanks t he most, but get it t he least. I n other words, w e are here to make sure Gratitude Finds A Way.
Learn more here: h ttps: //sendthanksnow.com/aboutCharacteristics we look for in a teammate:
- No task too small
- No hour too early
- No hour too late
- High performing
- Comfortable with complexity
- Sense of humor
- Team player
- Likes to have fun!
- Thinks outside the box
- Interested in a new world
where GRATITUDE plays a central role in society and social interactionsSkills/Languages
(note: not all criteria applicable to each position)
- Augmented Reality
- User Experience focused
- React Native
- Game Development
- Creative both with code and design
- GraphQL (e.g., Unity engine)
- Participate i n daily team huddle unless notified of absence in advance
- Regular communication with STN Team
- Design and adhere to product and marketing sprints
- Flexible and agile work methodology to accommodate our moving target
- Report to Chief Technology Officer
- In one month, you will have a full grasp of our current s tack and iterated within during the first sprint on our team.
- In two months, you will have contributed to the design and execution of the n ext level of the product.
- In six months, you will own a product within the platform offering and will have contributed to the shared vision of the company roadmap.
- In 12 months, if not sooner, you will be managing a m ore junior developer in y our domain expertise.
Competitive salary + early stage equity
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $75,000.00 - $250,000.00 per year
- Augmented Reality: 5 years (Preferred)
- Game Development (e.g., Unity engine): 3 years (Preferred)
- GraphQL: 2 years (Preferred)
- React Native: 5 years (Preferred)
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- Thursday (Preferred)
- Friday (Preferred)
- 1) Why are you interested in helping to build a more grateful world?
2) In what ways have you utilized creativity in both code and design?
Full Time Opportunity:
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19