Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. We open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey's community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are seeking Senior Software Engineers to join our Los Angeles team to help us build and deliver excellent, user-first products via rapid iterations and peer review. We’re looking for a Fullstack Engineer to join Honey. This person will focus on building applications to personalize user experiences within Honey. You can expect to work with a cross disciplinary team including front end engineers, backend engineers, data scientists, data engineers, quality assurance and product management to enhance existing product features and build new ones. Your contribution will help enhance the experience in which our users are notified about potential savings on relevant products.
Job Description:About You:If you’re on the fence about whether you meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply!
In this role, you’ll:
- Experience with React (or similar eg. Angular, Vue) along with HTML & CSS
- Experience building Node.js applications and GraphQL
- You use a modern version-control system for your source code repository (Git, Mercurial, GitHub, BitBucket)
- You know what parts of your code require tests and you write those tests
- You know how to use a framework to create robust and reliable HTTP-based APIs
- You know about continuous integration systems like Travis, Jenkins, or CircleCI (we use Circle)
- You are willing and able to deploy, troubleshoot, and maintain your systems in production
- Comfortable building and developing infrastructure in the cloud; we use GCP
Bonus Points for:
- Design and maintain front end applications for exposing insights from machine learning and data science models
- Design, build and operate Honey’s apis with a focus on performance and reliability
- Architect, design, write, review, and test code in a collaborative environment with 2-5 other software engineers.
- Leverage your peers as multipliers for your skills to create excellent products and services for Honey’s millions of users
- Knowledge of Python frameworks like flask, Django
- Experience working with Elastic search, Bigquery and other NOSQL databases
- Experience building machine learning applications
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone
can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.