Geospatial Analyst Los Angeles Air Force Base, California @ Woolpert - Los Angeles, CA
Geospatial Analyst Los Angeles Air Force Base, California
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert continues to be certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. Because of our growth, Woolpert, Inc. seeks a Geospatial Specialist GeoBase Analyst to work onsite in proximity to Los Angeles Air Force Base, California.
GeoBase analyst will be part of a fast-paced team environment developing and executing geospatial solutions for Air Force GeoBase program operations. GeoBase analyst is expected to input and update base maps in coordination with HQ level GeoBase leadership. The analyst will support Air Force installations to develop and execute ArcGIS Portal solutions to appropriate GIS needs while working closely with the GeoBase Portal Content Managers and will be expected to work in an AGILE project management environment.
- U.S. citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years geospatial experience, OR four (4) years related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must possess active Secret (or higher) security clearance, or have ability to obtain Secret clearance
- Extensive knowledge and experience using ESRI ArcGIS software
- Must be familiar with the Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) GIS data standard
- Two (2) years of experience with Python for ArcGIS
- Two (2) years of experience with ArcGIS Suite – ArcGIS for Desktop, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online
- Two (2) years of experience with Oracle
- Willingness to undergo a background and verification process
- Must have two (2) years of experience in a role requiring:
- Excellent communication and consulting skills with emphasis on stakeholder engagement
- Proven experience providing excellent customer service
- Strong technical proficiency required, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
- SDSFIE experience
- Oracle database experience
- DoD Geospatial IT systems
- Proficiency with server-side software to include Internet Information Server (IIS), ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server
- Works closely with end users at Air Force installations in the GeoBase work field to identify GIS requirements, technical issues and training needs; analyzes current business processes and recommends best practice solutions; constructs information technology definitions based on identified needs of the installation.
- Create and maintain Air Force Civil Engineering GIS data in an enterprise environment, managing a versioned, multi-user geodatabase; performing data QA/QC and ensuring compliance with Air Force and Department of Defense geospatial data standards.
- Performs complex cadastral and GIS data maintenance, manipulation, analysis, extraction and generation assignments; performs data research, investigation and verification; creates and maintains files of digital pictures of streets and street problems for department use; codes and digitizes maps and geographical feature data into various layers; prepares projects and data for archival storage; performs record keeping and inventory; documents and files data sources and map files for future reference; responds to requests from the public for mapping data; responds to emergency mapping and information requests.
- Prepares, plans, produces, maintains and updates a variety of maps, drawings, plans and other graphic representations displaying layers and attribute data from databases, using cartographic techniques to represent spatial data; develops and maintains data layers, using GIS tools, CAD tools and relational databases; performs detailed spatial analysis including notifications, buffering, and zone consolidation; manipulates images for electronic mapping; enters attribute data pertaining to specific features into a relational database; incorporates maps, charts, data files, spreadsheet data, documentation and text into reports.
- Analyzes requests for a variety of new applications, programs and modifications to existing GIS programs; analyzes and documents user work processes and systems functionality requirements; analyzes current GIS system functions, procedures and capabilities to determine if improved methods are possible; develops and presents proposals for new approaches and options to meet user needs; participates on software selection and implementation teams, including software evaluation, requirements gathering, work flow analysis and system implementation, testing and training.
- Designs, implements, and tests configuration changes in packaged software such as ESRI and Oracle to meet end user business requirements.
- Tests new and revised programs and interfaces to ensure accuracy and efficiency; develops and executes test plans and forwards to users for user acceptance testing; creates test scenarios; generates test data and keeps logs of test results; tests and analyzes the effectiveness and functionality of new fields and code; notifies programming staff of testing problems and required fixes; proofreads screen layouts to ensure all system requirements are met.
- Upgrade and migrate existing GIS python tools, applications, scripts and models to current and new versions.
- Provide end user support and training on ArcGIS applications, ArcGIS ModelBuilder and Python.
- Work with Portal content manager and AFGIMS team to create geoprocessing services from enterprise level python scripts and make the services available to AFGIMS users.
Woolpert is committed to a vision to become the premier architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm, and one of the best companies in the country. It’s a vision we’ve been fine-tuning for decades. It guides our decisions and investments, provides our clients with optimal solutions and offers our employees unrivaled opportunities. Woolpert is recognized as a Great Place to Work by its employees and is America’s fastest-growing AEG firm. With more than a century of experience, close to 1,000 employees and 30 offices, Woolpert supports public, private, federal, and U.S. military clients nationally and around the globe. For more information, visit woolpert.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/about-us/
Learn more about our “Great Place To Work” certification: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc
Woolpert provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.