This position will work as an Infrastructure Engineer in the company’s Information Technology department and provide expertise for the company’s systems and networking infrastructure.
Responsible for providing expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems related to VMware, Microsoft Exchange, Windows Server, Active Directory, Cisco routing/switching, load balancers, and monitoring. Resolves highly-complex technical issues, conducts advanced research, and identifies product/service innovations. Provide a high level of technical support/expertise in all areas of infrastructure. Will be a senior team technical resource interacting with all other Information Technology personnel to identify and correct issues. This individual must be able to handle a high volume of work and must be able to prioritize the work to meet deadlines and the needs of the user community.
- Architects and designs infrastructure within systems and network capacity.
- Assists Integrating Linux / UNIX with the company’s Active Directory environment
- Integrates Windows with the company’s Storage environment, such as NetApp
- Deploying, maintaining, and managing Windows systems in a virtual environment such as VMware
- Produces detailed documentation including data flow diagrams, logical diagrams, and physical diagrams as required
- Perform capacity planning for anticipates growth demands and responds with action plans accordingly.
- Define metrics and standards that can be used as benchmarks for system performance
- Ensure optimal systems performance by working with the Backup Operations Administrator which provides proper security, integrity, and recovery of data
- Define and implement standards, policies, and procedures to achieve agreed upon service levels by tuning, maintaining, and supporting a breadth of technical infrastructure including performance, back-up, recovery and archive functions
- Plan/modify /maintain updates and/or patches of IT assets, operating systems, and/or firmware versions using releases and utilities from the manufacturers. Apply and test the technical aspect product specific patches and fixes as they are released
- Work with the Security team to ensure proper security controls are built into network, systems and software.
- Perform system and network administration, installation, problem isolation, and resolution on all systems applications within the environment; MS exchange, OpenNMS, F5, vmware, windows, linux, Cisco Prime, Cisco route/switch, Cisco VoIP.
- Develops and enhances operations processes with PowerShell scripting, cisco scripting or other method.
- Participates with systems analysts, networking engineers, DBA’s, Infosec, help desk, NOC staff and IT staff in overall systems development life cycle during all phases of QA testing, deployment and post-deployment, as well as document and track changes.
- Prepares thorough, clear technical specifications and functional specifications, and updates systems documentation
- Prepares charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems.
- Prepares and reviews assessments to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for any scope project
- Recommends new technology, policies or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies. May lead or participate in technical evaluations of vendor software
- Assists IT systems operations with remediation planning and implementations
- Researches new technologies, latest trends and maintains IT market awareness for project planning and solution to organizational needs.
- After hours work, shift work, and on-call pager may be required at designated intervals
- Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Five (5) years’ experience of managing an enterprise Windows Active Directory environment
- Five (5) years’ experience of managing an enterprise Microsoft Exchange 2010,2016, O365
- Five (5) years’ experience of managing an enterprise Cisco networks; switches/routers/firewalls/ wifi.
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages, such as PowerShell.
- Must be able to manage project tasks, meet deadlines, present technical requirement and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present to a target audiences
- Able to Evaluate and debug complex system interrelationships among programs, interfacing applications and platforms.
- Able to provides highly analytical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies to assist business units in meeting strategic objectives Ideal qualifications Preferred:
- Experience in enterprise VMware 6.5, ESXI host (Cisco UCS/HP).
- Experience in Microsoft Exchange 2010,2016, O365
- Experience in monitoring software (OpenNMS/Solarwinds/PRTG).
- Experience in load balancers (Kemp/F5/ NetScaler/ Barracuda).
- Experience in Cisco switches/routers/firewalls/ wifi and voip.
- Experience with Cloud technology (Amazon/Azure).
- Experience with disaster recovery, migrating systems, infrastructure design.
- Expert level skills managing enterprise Microsoft Active Directory environment with multiple domains
- Experience in system development life cycle and change management.
- Demonstrates a high aptitude for complex problem analysis and resolution
- Experience with Data Center relocation
Job Type: Full-time