ETC Processing Technologies, LLC (PT), a stock brokerage service bureau and technology company located in Downtown Los Angeles, is seeking a SQL/VB.NET Developer to enhance the IT team. ETC offers a creative and enterprising work environment which encourages its associates to think innovatively. ETC is a recent acquisition of Peak6, a Chicago-based investment & technology firm.
What you'll do all day:
- Is experienced and introspective. You have experience developing software products and services across a variety of tools, frameworks, and environments. You recognize your strengths and also know when to reach out for help
- Is passionate.You have a genuine passion for solving interesting technology problems with creative and simple solutions.
- Is pragmatic. You'd rather deliver a 40% solution in 2 weeks than an 80% solution in six
- Is collaborative. You're excited to work with fellow engineers, but also know how to partner across departments to get things done
- Wants to make an impact. You're looking to do amazing work. You're all about using technology to improve the customer experience and affect the company's bottom line, but also want to mentor and coach those within your team
A few reasons why you might love us:
- Deliver results. Collaborate with those around you to produce lean, pragmatic solutions in a predictable and transparent way. Using modern tools and techniques with lightweight agile process, you will join a team of engineers writing, reviewing and shipping high-impact solutions for ETC customers.
- Become an expert. You'll be a strong engineer, but also learn the industry and earn your Ph.D. in ETC products, tools, and software stack
- Blaze trails. Discover and define business and technical requirements for new features and products
- Live the culture. Embody ETC company values and work to positively impact those around you
The skills you'll need to succeed:
- We're a leader in the space. ETC is recognized for disrupting the financial services industry, acting as a custodian and clearing provider with an innovative, technology-driven approach to serving the institutional and professional trading marketplace. So you get all the benefits of a proven, growing company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture
- We see tech differently.You'll work with people who are leaders in the tech industry. We are passionate engineers dedicated to finding new and different ways to use technology to solve our customers problems.
- Your work will have immediate impact.You'll be able to see your direct impact on our tech department and with our clients. You won't be just another talented engineer chained to a desk slinging lines of code.
- Web design with a focus on CSS.
- Candidate must have strong project management and time management skills.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, problem-solving, and reasoning skills.
- Strong verbal, written, oral communication and presentation skills with proven experience with direct end-user contact & documentation.
- Disciplined work ethic and organizational skills to meet deadlines and commitments with limited direction and minimal supervision.
- Basic knowledge of database-driven site design.
- Advanced Software troubleshooting and testing skills are required.
- An understanding of broker / dealer operations and clearing and settlements is desirable.