Lead Business Intelligence Engineer (Los Angeles) @ sweetgreen - Los Angeles, CA
Lead Business Intelligence Engineer (Los Angeles)
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
Lead Business Intelligence Engineer
Who We Are
At sweetgreen, a Lead Business Intelligence Engineer is more than a data analyst. They are trusted business partners that heavily influence the collection, measurement, and usage of sweetgreen's data. Lead BI Engineers are responsible for owning approximately 25% of our reporting portfolio - owning exec level stakeholder relationships, building critical core dashboards, installing measurement techniques, and surfacing self-service data sets - to ensure that our business teams are empowered to take action against data. Help us to keep moving the needle!
Success depends on balancing your schedule to implement analytic products while contributing to self-service data access for the business and guiding your peers in technical and analytical techniques
Top Goal - within one year, fully refresh our existing reporting suite and capabilities for Customer Insights, including enabling and integrating new data sources that unlock a deeper understanding of our customers. You will accomplish this by partnering with our Marketing, Insights, Outpost, and Finance teams - working iteratively to capture requirements and apply within our always improving data platform and reporting portfolio.
- Develop Core KPIs: As soon as you are ramped up, you will perform measurement and analysis of KPIs for customer acquisition, engagement, value, lifecycle, and evolution. Build the metrics that unlock our ability to engage with our customers in the right way, at the right time, in the natural flow of their rapidly-changing daily lives.
- Drive Improvements: Within 30-45 days, you will have identified areas of opportunity to increase our customers' engagement with Sweetgreen. You'll collaborate cross-functionally with other departments (e.g., Marketing, Finance, and Product/Engineering) to provide customer analysis & segmentation and recommendations for streamlining our customer interactions across our various push and pull channels.
- Data-Driven Technology Management: Within 60 days, you will provide a vision for the evolution of our MarTech stack to further integrate our customer data into our user experiences. You'll drive the adoption of a culture of data and experimentation by building frameworks that make it easy for anyone to build and run tests. You'll also support data-driven optimizations of our CRM, social, and paid marketing strategies by providing the expertise on how to efficiently integrate data from these disparate sources to tell the holistic story of our customer journey.
- Enable Speed and Accuracy: Within 120 days, you will support ROI review for external tools and internal systems innovation related to the areas described above, as well as broader efforts to streamline our customer and marketing ecosystem. You will help to weigh both human factors and engineering solutions to develop improved workflows and easier-to-use analytics and reporting.
- Raise The Bar: At sweetgreen, we dedicate a portion of our attention to matters that may not be immediately customer facing, and instead allow for us to work smarter, faster, or simply reduce friction in the analytics experience. You'll own your area's specific backlog that is focused on operational excellence, and are expected to produce and evangelize this work across teams.
- Experience with modern data platforms (e.g. AWS, Snowflake, SQL, Airflow, Python)
- Experience with business analysis, statistical modeling, presenting insights via visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and collaborate through constructive teamwork.
- Knowledge and experience with AGILE methodology
- Experience supporting retail or large scale restaurant operations is a HUGE plus, given our unique industry and customer engagement model
- Not afraid to constructively provide new solutions to the team
- Strong understanding of best practices relating to frontend architecture
- A strong desire to experiment with technology and understand relating market trends
- Strong problem solving, communication, and creative skills
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
At sweetgreen we are focused on building a great experience for our customers and we look to constantly enhance that through empowerment of our teams to build innovative solutions. We believe that it's a mix of individual skill and collaboration that leads to successful outcomes. There is no standard definition of what an Engineer is or does, and depending on where you're coming from things might look a little different.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen restaurant, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we're committed to leaving people better than we found them. We're in the business of feeding people, and we're out to change what that means. Our people are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.