We are currently looking for a full time, Lead Frontend Engineer
to join and lead our growing team. This is a great opportunity to work on a new product for a leading, high traffic site (over 60 million unique visits a month).
Despite the immense traffic we generate, we do all this with a small, talented team of dedicated software engineers who love working with interesting, complex projects. As part of the team you’ll be leading building and optimizing the new implementations of our main site based on Next.js / React. You will also be driving forward improvements in our front end stack to keep us ahead of the curve on technology. You will be using your creativity and knowledge to solve both technical and business problems.What you'll do:
What’s in it for you:
- Take full ownership for the team and to build, ship, and maintain features, end-to-end
- Identify technical and business deficiencies and lead the team to fix them
- Constantly look for ways to make the product better
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to design features and break down high-level features into tasks and timelines
- Build, document and maintain tests, features, and infrastructure
- Lead, communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Invent patterns and reusable components that our team can assemble to build things
Who we believe will do great in this role:
- Work on a modern web app, solving unique challenges and building amazing experiences.
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements.
- Collaborate in a team environment, with a variety of developers across the world.
- Contribute directly to the technology, processes and methodology used to solve problems day-to-day.
Bonus points if you have:
- Strong business acumen and great communication skills.
- At least 5 years of commercial frontend software engineering experience.
- Experience optimizing website performance.
- Expert knowledge of React and main related libraries. Ability to weigh pros and cons of each library and compare them to the business needs.
- Extensive knowledge of Next.js. Understanding of various ways to render the content, their pros and cons.
- Experience with REST APIs, and/or social network APIs.
- Experience building complex HTML layouts by hand, without a grid system.
- Solid understanding of web caching strategies and use of CDN.
- Experience working in a high-traffic environment and tools to monitor real user experience.
- Work experience in an Internet startup, particularly in mobile web apps, entertainment or Ad-driven industries (ie online content, ad tech, social media, etc).
- Understanding of SEO concepts.
- Working knowledge of advanced CSS concepts.
- Working knowledge of modules, ES6 or ES20xx.
- Experience of configuring Webpack and setting it up from scratch.
Ranker attracts more than 30 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and is the leader in fan-powered rankings on just about everything. Whatever the topic - TV, movies, video games, sports, brands, food, lifestyle - Ranker puts the vote into the hands of millions rather than a few critics to answer the questions we are most passionate about. Over 1 billion votes now power Ranker Insights, a treasure trove of psychographic correlation data that delivers personalized consumer recommendations (“if you like X, you’ll also like Y, Z”), and also audience insights to marketers, studios, and platforms seeking a deeper understanding of consumer tastes and preferences. Launched in 2020 and powered by Ranker data, our new Watchworthy app is the only statistically relevant, crowd-sourced TV recommendation app available to consumers. Ranker made #187 on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 featuring the fastest growing companies in North America and Built In LA’s Top 50 Mid-Sized Companies To Work For in 2020. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Ranker has 110 employees and has grown steadily every year.