LVN Detox Technician @ VITA Behavioral Health - Los Angeles, CA
LVN Detox Technician
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
As a Residential & Detox LVN technician you will work with clients in our care to provide the most supportive and comforting environment possible. The Residential & Detox LVN technician takes full responsibility for client care on his/her shifts and is responsible for handling all medical emergencies with regards to client's care per Refuge Recovery protocols. The Residential & Detox LVN technician is instrumental in guiding the patient through their detox per the Doctor’s orders. As well, the Residential & Detox Clinical LVN technician works to educate the patient about his/her condition and to assist the Doctor by the accurate clinical reporting of patient conditions and status and proper clinical actions. Is passionate and thorough about safety in the workplace and abides by all drug reconciliation protocols set forth by VITA Behavioral Health. As a Residential & Detox LVN technician have a strong attention to detail, make sound decisions, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Assists with self-administration of medication policy to document and observe patient medication regimen for all patients at all levels of care.
· Ensures accurate documentation on medication orders and observes patients during weekly medication counts.
· Observes patients, charting and reporting changes in patients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment and taking any necessary action
· Answer patients' questions regarding MD orders and determines how to assist them
· Measures and records patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration when required.
· Evaluates medical concerns and directs patients to emergency medical care when required
· Works as part of a health care team to assess patient needs, plan and modify care and implement interventions.
· Reviews medication logs and consults with patients and physicians regarding refills.
· Facilitates educational groups on medication management.
· Provides monitoring and supervision of patients to support non-clinical staff
· Performs breath analysis and monitors urine test samples from patients. Documents and records results.
· Supervises members of staff who undertake breath analysis and urine test samples.
· Is responsible for requesting inventory and requisition supplies and instruments (biofeedback, drug screens, breathalyzer, etc.).
· Is responsible for the monthly first aid boxes checks and keeps staff updated of their location and ensures staff access to at least one of boxes at the facilities.
· Maintains compliance with HIPPA regulations, ADA and Joint Commission policies and procedures.
· All other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
· Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Able to respond physically with swiftness to a patient emergency. Able to respond calmly and timely during an emergency or potential emergency
· Willingness to be on-call evenings and weekends via telephone .
· The individual must be willing to work with a wide variety of symptoms related to mental health.
· The clinician will also be willing to work with multi-cultural populations and have an understanding for cultural diversity.
· The candidate will show skills and competency in working with patients from undertaking assessments (including risk), planning and delivery of care and review of effective methods of interventions in order to shape continuing service provision which will meet the needs of individuals.
· The candidate will have extensive knowledge of the wide variety of medications that are prescribed to patients of their uses, dosage amounts and side effects and will work closely with the Medical Director to ensure patient safety.
· The Candidate will have competency of working with patients who are undergoing a social model level of detox and support facility staff in monitoring patients.
· The candidate will have the ability to listen actively when spoken to and effectively communicate their thoughts to others.
· They will be sensitive to religious, ethnic and cultural differences in others and show respect and empathy.
· They will be able to work alone but also in a team, with fellow staff, in the business setting and actively seek out advice and/or guidance in order to solve problems.
· The candidate will have good time management skills and actively seek to accomplish tasks and be able to use a variety of methods and ideas to solve problems whilst also being open to suggestions from others in order to find solutions.
· Background check and drug test will be administered. For those in recovery – two years of continuous sobriety is preferred
· Communicates orally with management, co-workers and the public in face-to face, one-to-one, and group settings.
· Regularly uses a telephone for communication.
· Uses office equipment such as computer terminals, copiers, and fax machines.
· Sits for extended time periods.
· Hearing and vision within normal ranges.
· Uses hands to finger, handle and feel and reach with hands and arms.
· Required to stand and walk.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $21.00 per hour
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- On Call
- Detox/Res: 2 years (Required)
- Associates Degree in Nursing (Required)
- General non clinical
- For Profit
- Current State Nursing License
Completed license needed:
- Upon starting work
- Not listed / Other
- Nurses wear own scrubs
Nurse Patient Ratio:
- Only full-time employees eligible