Manager, Field Service Engineer (West) @ Thermo Fisher Scientific - Los Angeles, CA
Manager, Field Service Engineer (West)
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
As a Manager, Field Service, you will be responsible for handling a team of 11 highly skilled service engineer technicians. They are primarily responsible for enhancing the quality of services that are being provided to our customers. You will conduct a thorough research to understand the exact needs of the customers and ensure that the work is delegated properly so that efficient services are being rendered to the customer.
You must be located near a major airport in any city west of the Mississippi River.
What will you do?
- Manage day to day operation of the Field Service Engineers.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of Field Service Engineers non-exempt personnel.
- Defines individual PMD and development goals.
- Manages and balances territory workload.
- Drives KPI to target.
- Responsible for any field service aspect of new product launches and trainings.
- Recruit, hire and ensures training of all responsible staff.
- Ensures timely resolution of customer calls, appropriate investigation completion, documentation and issues escalated as needed.
- Schedule and participate in training field service personnel.
- Provide technical direction, scheduling and supervision to multiple field service personnel, including full-time employees and subcontractors.
- Coach and mentor direct reports.
- Work with in-house personnel and system support specialists to establish and maintain depot analysis, repair, and reliability tracking procedures.
- Oversee the Field Service Engineers meet quality regulations.
Spare Parts Management
- Monitor spare parts inventory and ensure adequate supplies are available.
- Determine necessary parts and quantities for trunk stock.
- Develop Field Service training programs and Field Service Manuals.
- Maintain software and databases for technical support, field service, and all reporting functions.
- Drive Creation or updates of Field Service Engineers SOPs.
- Develop project tasks, deliverables, dependencies and resource requirements in close collaboration with other cross-functional departments.
- Create, maintain and organize necessary documentation and records; responsible for the quality of project deliverables and documentation.
- Identify document and communicate project risks and contingency plans.
- Track and communicate project status, plans, issues, timelines, action items, and budgets.
- Communicate, document, and archive project team activities and decisions; act as a primary contact for project team related information.
- Facilitate project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exercise scope management with consideration for the customer, team, and company needs.
- Oversee and prepare project team budget including resources and costs collaborating with Finance and other cross-functional departments.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Laboratory, Biomedical Technology, Engineering, Life Sciences or equivalent certifications and/or experience
- Experience leading a team for a minimum of 2-4 years.
- Experience with ServiceMax a plus.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of directly relevant experience working in field service.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven leadership experience required.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid, positive professional relationships with subordinates, peers, upper management and the customer base
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on team building.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work independently and in a team environment with little supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and dependability.
- Strong skills using MS Office, and related software.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 25 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% - 75% domestically and sometimes internationally is required.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.