Join SADA as the Managing Director of the Office of the CTO
As the Managing Director of the Office of the CTO at SADA, you will be responsible for building a program for and managing the participants in SADA’s technical onramp. On the one hand, you’ll partner with the CTO and Director of People operations to create a strategically-aligned path for new engineers and project managers to productively contribute to SADA’s existing delivery teams. On the other, you’ll be the one helping our new engineers down that path: as people manager of the program’s participants you’ll be coordinating and delivering training sessions, supporting their first projects, and coaching/mentoring their growth and integration into our team.
To thrive in this role, you must excel in program development, people management, instructional design, and learning development principles. A technical background is also required in cloud computing technologies and development languages, as well as having the ability to translate technical content into effective learning solutions. You must also have exceptional coaching skills and you should be familiar with training as a professional service.Responsibilities:
- Build a new university, internship, and return-to-work program, including detailed documentation of roles, program sequence, requirements, and goals.
- Drive alignment and ratification of this program with the SADA executive team, and deliver regular performance updates.
- Design and develop creative, learner-centered training programs, modules and materials in multiple modalities, including blended classroom learning, interactive e-learning modules, videos, device learning labs, job aids, facilitator guides, and resource materials.
- Lead as people manager of all program participants.
- Manage engagement and collaboration between members of the Office of the CTO and existing delivery teams
- Cross-train engineers on Google Cloud technology skills across infrastructure, application, and data tools; Search, Gsuite, Maps, Chrome; the software development lifecycle, as well as project, client and, change management
Pathway to Success#BeOneStepAhead:
At SADA, we are in the business of change. We are focused on leading-edge technology that is ever-evolving. We embrace change enthusiastically and encourage agility. This means that not only do our teams know that change is inevitable, but they embrace this change to continuously expand their skills, preparing for future customer needs.
Your success starts by positively impacting the direction of a fast-growing practice with vision and passion. You will be measured quarterly by the breadth, magnitude, and quality of your contributions, your ability to estimate accurately, and how well you collaborate with your peers.
Required Travel - 20% travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events.
Training - Ongoing with first-week orientation at HQ followed by a 90-day onboarding schedule. Details of the timeline can be shared.
Job RequirementsRequired Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience developing technical internship programs
- Experience training interns and/or entry level software engineers
- Experience creating compelling courseware, including written materials, presentation content, hands-on exercises, and knowledge assessments
- Experience with instructional design and knowledge of adult learning theory
- Experience with delivering technical training in an instructor-led or video format
- Experience with peer coaching and leadership
- Experience with creating and managing lab activities or proofs-of-concept
- Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills, including effectively explaining technical topics to novice audiences
- Technical background in one or more of the following areas:
- Software Development
- Backend - Python, Golang, Node
- Cloud Infrastructure
- GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform
- Data Engineering
- GCP, BigQuery, Dataflow, Apache Beam, Apache Spark, Hadoop
- Strong knowledge of and hands-on experience with hosted public cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience strategizing and executing an internship program from the ground up at a tech company
We built our core values
[https://sadasystems.com/about/company-overview/] on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
1. Make them rave
2. Be data-driven
3. Be one step ahead
4. Be a change agent
5. Do the right thingWork with the best :
SADA has been the largest partner in North America for GCP since 2016 and recently announced, at Google NEXT, as the
2018 Global Partner of the Year
[https://sadasystems.com/blog/google-cloud/gcp/sada-wins-2018-google-cloud-partner-award/]. SADA has also been awarded
Best Place to Work
[https://sadasystems.com/blog/news/sada-systems-best-places-work-2019/] by Inc. as well as LA Business Journal!Benefits :
[https://sadasystems.com/blog/news/blogannouncementsblogannouncementsunlimited-pto-yes-unlimited-why-sada-is-the-best-place-to-work/], competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K with match,
professional development reimbursement program
[https://sadasystems.com/blog/news/blogannouncementsprofessional-development-how-we-do-it-why-it-matters/] as well as Google Certified training programs.Business Performance:
SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 12 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 3000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 25M+ users migrated to the cloud.