Medical Assistant Front and Back @ Quick Stop Urgent Care - Los Angeles, CA
Medical Assistant Front and Back
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
We are searching for a reliable Medical Assistant to perform various office and clinical duties to keep our healthcare practice running efficiently. Our Medical Assistant will work directly with healthcare practice staff to collect test samples, maintain patient records, explain common medical procedures to patients and assist in basic examinations. Urgent care experience is required. Previous insurance verification is a must. You must be proficient in HMO, PPO and Medicare eligibility and verifications. You must be proficient in co-pay, co-insurance and deductible amounts and how to deterime what is due upon visit.
- Paid time off
- Flexible Schedule
- Other benefits discussed at time of interview
Qualifications & Skills
- Medical Assistant diploma from an accredited Medical Assisting program (Certification preferrable)
- 2+ years of experience working for an urgent care setting preferred
- Back office experience is a must.
- Front office a must
- Insurance verification a must
- Strong customet service experience ia a must
- High level of professionalism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Update and maintain all digital client records and assist in transitioning hard copy records to digital format
- Record patient information such as vital signs, weight and changes in medical history prior to each appointment
- Clean and prepare examination rooms prior to patient appointments
- Work in the front office taking care of tasks such as answering phone calls and greeting patients as they enter the facility
- Assist the nurse and office manager in maintaining the medical inventory and placing orders for new materials as needed
- Assist the team with collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc. Must know about labs and Quest labs and know which color of tube is needed.
- Sterilize instruments, equipment and surfaces. Autoclave experience required.
- Phlebotomy - Knowledge of lab tubes and colors required
- Provide care team coverage including: answering phones, scheduling appointments, and checking patients in and out.
- Urine dips, pregnancy testing, rapid strep, rapid flu - experience required. Do not apply if you lack this experience.
- Perform EKG
- Venipuncture - Comfort in drawing blood required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
- 12 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
Company's Facebook page:
- Quick Stop Urgent Care