Mortgage Consultant V, Assistant Vice President - Los Angeles @ UnionBank - Los Angeles, CA
Mortgage Consultant V, Assistant Vice President - Los Angeles
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
- Responsible for originating conventional residential real estate loans for the Bank.
- Participate in related business development activities.
- Mortgage Consultants maybe designated with the Bank branch and will be required to assist in the origination of conventional real estate loans for the supported branch.
- Solicit residential first mortgages through contacts with realtors, builders and developers.
- Make sales calls to assigned Community Banking branches.
- Provide service to customers and prospects seeking residential mortgage loans.
- Interview applicants to develop information concerning their needs, desires and earnings to assist in determining whether the loan will be an acceptable risk; obtain and analyze pertinent financial and credit data.
- Follow up current loans to ensure conformity with terms.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of loans with mortgagors.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to private insured mortgages.
- Call on potential or existing customers as assigned to develop new business or retain existing business.
- Cross sell bank products.
- Answer inquiries regarding loan programs and rates.
- Provide sales and product training to Community Banking branches as needed.
- Develop and implement a marketing territory to educate the community regarding the Bank's CRA programs.
- Attend daily huddles; conduct weekly pipeline reviews.
- Provide coaching to Private Bankers.
- Work together on strategic plans to acquire new customers.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or G.E.D. and must have excellent sales and customer relations.
- Additional skills preferred in support of Private Banking:
- Ability to communicate with high net-worth individuals and their advisors.
- Ability to introduce Private Bank team members to self-sourced clients and assist in expanding/deepening relationships.
- Understand advanced tax analysis and intricacies of wealth.
- Superior understanding of UB guidelines and how to apply them in various situations.
- Be able to think outside the box and find unique solutions that may apply to high net-worth clients.
This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.