All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a bright and enthusiastic Web and Mobile Application Developer Undergraduate Intern for an internship opportunity to help us build our next generation of web and mobile apps that integrate with a variety of external systems. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA
- Develop enterprise web and mobile enabled applications using AngularJS, PHP, and other web frameworks.
- Build applications that integrate data from various backend databases and data sources.
- Work in a test-driven agile team environment
- Interact with business analysts to understand and implement efficient and innovative solutions to their business processes
- Code review and participation in pair and team programming
- Training and mentorship will be provided.
Performance standards to be successful in this internship position include:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company’s values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college/university degree program pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related program
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Experience and/or coursework in object oriented programming, MVC, web application development, and relational database design
- Experience with web services and integration with other systems
- Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- US Citizenship required
- GPA 3.5 or higher
- Active security clearance
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with the MEAN or similar development stack
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies (Scrum)
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Git
Temporary housing assistance is not available.
The Aerospace Corporation functions as the nation’s independent testing, assessment, and research center for national security space systems, specializing in advanced military space systems. Aerospace offers summer internship positions at our headquarters in El Segundo, California, and our campuses in Chantilly, Virginia, Colorado and New Mexico to give students the opportunity to work in the scientific, technical, or administrative areas of the company.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: TECHNICAL INTERN REQ
Clearance Requirement: None
Employment Type: Intern
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Application Developer, Developer, Engineer, Temporary, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Contract