Do you have a passion for innovation? Are you excited to leverage cutting edge technology to solve big business problems? If your response to those questions is “yes”, we would love for you to join us! At OrangePeople we consult for some of the most prestigious brands in the world. But more importantly, our consultants have a voice in the vision and future of the company. At OrangePeople, our focus is people. It’s right there in our name.
We are seeking a Senior Server Side/Backend Engineer with a passion for building world-class products and a desire to change the way interfaces with its guests. We are a fast-moving group tasked with delivering cross-platform integrated experiences that will define the interactions of children and families online and change the way our customers experience our digital and physical assets. Our group enjoys a high level of autonomy and exposure to all parts and all levels of the organisation.Responsibilities:
- Partner with Product Managers and Designers to develop Server Side applications focusing on eCommerce experiences.
- Collaborate with mobile developers to deliver experiences that delight our guests.
- Resolve defects, support testing effort, and deploy production code on a frequent basis.
- Be a technical pillar for the engineering team through collaboration and mentor ship of other engineers.
- Analyse the technical feasibility of product features and help to guide feature development and roadmap from a technical perspective.
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle experience
- 3+ years of Server Side/Backend End engineering experience including taking a product from inception through multiple release cycles.
- 3+ years of Object-Oriented Analysis, Design, and Development experience.
- Hands on experience with Spring, Spring Boot and Spring Batch.
- Experience designing and developing Server Side applications running on Linux/Java/Node.js .
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) for authoring and management of content.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience designing RESTful API’s and implementing such APIs within a security framework such as OAuth
- Troubleshooting and fixing issues in mobile applications. Strong experience with optimisation and analysis of existing Server Side applications, including profiling and memory leak detection.
- Experience with eCommerce applications and environments is a must.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience required Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Data Objects Position must be located in Glendale.
- Experience building use case driven software with Agile Software Development and Test Driven Development methodologies
- Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Google App Engine in a Java / Python production environment.
- Expertise building Spring Framework applications.
- Participate in OrangePeople monthly team meetings, and participate in team building efforts.
- Contribute to OrangePeople technical discussions, peer reviews, etc.
- Contribute content and collaborate via the OP-Wiki/Knowledge Base.
- Provide status reports to OP Account Management as requested
Orange People is an Enterprise Architecture and Project Management solutions company. Our most valuable asset is our people: dynamic, creative thinkers who are passionate about doing quality work. As a member of the Orange People team you will have access to industry-leading consulting practices, strategies & technologies, innovative training & education. An ideal Orange Person is a technology leader with a proven track record of technical achievements and strong process/methodology orientation.