Nutrition Van Driver @ PACE - Los Angeles, CA
Nutrition Van Driver
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
Job Announcement: Nutrition Van Driver (Part Time)
9.5 Month Work Status
The Nutrition Van Driver collaborates closely with the Nutrition Staff Team and reports directly to the Nutrition Supervisor to deliver high quality nutrition services to the PACE Education program children and staff.
This position is responsible for delivering healthy and nutritious meals to Head Start and Early Head Start children while maintaining safe food environments and handling food in a safe and appropriate manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Packing, loading and delivering food to school sites
- Complete transport records, site requisitions, food activity forms and other light reporting
- Record food temperatures (hot and cold) at time of site delivery
- Washing food delivery pans and containers
- Receiving, storing, distributing and issuing nutrition program supplies
- Receiving and storing food inventory supplies
- Delivery of mail and program supplies to sites
- Driving and maintenance of the delivery vans
- Some light food preparation may be required
- Delivery of field trip, nutrition activity and program supply request forms from sites to Central Kitchen
- Work in conjunction with kitchen staff to maintain a clean, safe and sanitary work environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
This position requires a person with the ability to read, write and understand English. This person should also have basic mathematic skills and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet schedules.
Previous driving experience and knowledge/experience in food service production is helpful
High School graduate or GED equivalent. Additional year of experience may be substituted for required education.
- Valid California Driver’s License and proof of auto insurance
- Must pass Department of Justice background check prior to start of employment
- Current Food Handler’s Certification preferred, but not required
- First-Aid and CPR certification preferred, but not required
Provide proof of the following immunizations as required: Measles, Pertussis (Whooping Cough), and Influenza.
The working conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. The physical environment the incumbent will work in is typically a commercial kitchen environment with moderate noise levels that would be expected in that type of work environment. Frequent standing and movement around commercial kitchen equipment is required.
- T.B. Test within the past six months prior to employment, and every two (2) years thereafter (every 4 years for a chest X-ray).
- Must pass a physical examination at the time of hire, and every 2 years thereafter
- Provide proof of the following immunizations as required: Measles, Pertussis (Whooping Cough) and Influenza.
- Representative physical demands of the job include: normal vision and hearing, standing for extended periods of time, use of hands and fingers to manipulate objects, reaching with hands and arms, and stooping and kneeling to retrieve objects. Position occasionally requires use of computers and periods of sitting, walking and lifting up to 40 lbs.
To apply for this position, please visit www.pacela.org. Applicants must complete a PACE application form. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of application materials. Interested individuals may also obtain an application form from: Human Resources Department, Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment, 1055 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1475, LA, and CA 90017. Tel: (213)989-3107 ? Fax: (213)353-1227.
This is an ongoing recruitment and applications are continuously accepted and reviewed on a regular basis.
PACE is a private not-for-profit corporation that provides employment, small business assistance, and education, housing and other community services in the Los Angeles City and County areas. PACE is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.