Personal Trust Admin I @ UnionBank - Los Angeles, CA
Personal Trust Admin I
Los Angeles, CA
7 days ago
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
In a centralized-team environment, the Personal Trust Admin I will provide assistance to the centralized Trust Officer, and partner with the Regional Trust Officers and Relationship Managers, in the administrative processing of routine to complex Investment Management & Trust (IM&T) account transactions and client-fulfillment involving the following account types, but not limited to: Living Trusts, Testamentary Trusts, Investment Management Agency, IRAs, Guardianships, and Conservatorships. They will partner with other units of IM&T and other bank departments to ensure effective account administration, support Trust Officers and Relationship Managers with their account relationships surrounding the trust beneficiaries, co-trustees, principals, service providers, and other appropriate parties. They possess a sound understanding of trust administration, basic investment strategies and trust procedures and actively participate in a ‘team’ environment providing support and assistance to other team members.
Working in a centralized personal trust environment;
- Ensure client and internal partners’ requests are promptly addressed and successfully concluded in furtherance of day-to-day account administration needs.
- Partner with the assigned Trust Officer to ensure all processes and communications in accordance with bank policy, procedures, and of the account document parameters.
- Ensure completion and cohesion of account activities concerning administration, investments, taxes, legal issues, and accounting so that other IM&T units can accomplish their responsibilities with accuracy and efficiency.
- Conduct a review of transactions to ensure accuracy and to correct any issues that may arise.
- Assist in monitoring cash requirements in an account.
- Proactively process various requests using own judgment.
- Properly document the account file to ensure accurate actions have been taken and are documented in the electronic filing system.
- Work closely with supervisor/manager to improve productivity and develop the ability to support the administration of more complex accounts.
- Work closely with all team members to ensure that the administration of IM&T account requests is processed efficiently.
- Requires sound written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience of the SEI Trust Accounting System (Trust 3000) or equivalent.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Thorough knowledge of an Imaging (i.e. FileNet) system. Basic knowledge of accounting principles, trust administration, and tax laws as they apply to individuals and fiduciaries.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.