Physical Therapist Aide @ Reliant Urgent Care - Los Angeles, CA
Physical Therapist Aide
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
Physical Therapist Aide work as part of a team to provide physical therapy services under the direction and supervision of the physical therapist. PT-Aides implement selected components of patient/client interventions (treatment), obtain data related to the interventions provided and report to Physical Therapist assigned. Physical Therapist Aide adhere in developing a plan under the Physical Therapist using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. In addition, PT Aides work with our patient/client by developing fitness- and wellness oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Execute therapeutic exercise programs with patients as directed by supervising physical therapist.
- Focus on providing the highest quality treatment for patients that allows for excellent patient outcomes
- Assess patient condition using knowledge of basic biological and medical science and report finding to proper personnel.
- Instruct patients on PT interventions, modalities, prevention and safety and home exercise program
- Maintains an on-time patient appointment schedule in accordance with established department standard for productivity. Alters schedule to meet department or patient needs. Maintains productivity outside of patient schedule
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure treatment rooms are stocked and ready for patient care
- Performs general department duties for the routine maintenance of clinical and non-clinical areas,equipment and supplies.
- Audit case management of care to ensure orders were completed, appointments were made, and follow up on outstanding Authorization
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Proven work experience as a Physical Therapist Aide
- Consult and practice with other health care professionals
- Must possess a caring and compassionate demeanor
- Professional behavior
- Drive to continually learn and grow
EDUCATION, LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- BLS/ CPR Card
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the position is frequently required to do the following:
- Finger speed sufficient to perform repetitive actions for extended periods of time.
- Use standard office equipment and access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
- Use computer keyboard with manual and finger dexterity and wrist finger speed efficiently for extended periods of time.
- Communicate effectively in person or via telephone in a manner which can be understood by those whom the person is speaking, including a diverse population.
- Frequently bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing with the use of a step stool and twisting.
- Lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
- Sit or stand for minimum periods of one hour.
- Give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Perform complex mental functions and basic arithmetic functions; interpret complex laws,regulations, and policies; collect, interpret or analyze complex data and information.
- Vision: see details of objects at close range.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Physical Therapy: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible