Lingo’s goal is to help teams empower creation and ensure consistency by creating the number 1 tool to help designers assemble, evolve and most importantly share digital asset libraries with others. To help us achieve this goal, we’re looking for a full-time Product Designer to join our team in Los Angeles. You can learn more about Lingo by viewing our About page.
As a Product Designer you will own all aspects of the product’s and brand’s design. This will include understanding the core problem, materializing feasible and usable solutions, as well as shaping and defining the Lingo brand. You will connect with customers, synthesize user needs, and create lo-fi and hi-fi designs to arrive at the best possible solutions. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record.
We’re located in Los Angeles, CA. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time; all candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. We do our best work when we’re working together as a team, therefore remote work will not be considered.
We believe diversity is key to innovation and long-term success, so we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We look forward to welcoming the best candidate regardless of nationality, gender, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation.Responsibilities
- Operate as a design generalist who owns problems from beginning to end—research, define, ideate, design/prototype, test, and ship
- Own and execute on all aspects of design and user experience—product and brand/marketing
- Connect with customers on a regular basis to understand user needs and pain points
- Create UX/UI specs that clearly communicate the experience and requirements of a proposed solution
- Work cross-functionally with engineering and other stakeholders to arrive at feasible and usable solutions
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product and brand direction
- Experience designing and shipping products, services, and/or complex systems
- Comfort with an iterative design process, that includes seeking out and acting on feedback
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills, with extensive experience collaborating with engineers
- Deep understanding of the various tools in the "design tool" product category.
- A keen eye for UX, UI details and visual design
- Ability to prioritize and plan feature development
- Ability to contribute at a high level to product strategy and vision
- Ability and motivation to work as a solo designer without close supervision
- Fortune 500 benefits including great health, dental, vision and 401K plans
- Competitive salary
- Healthy work-life balance
- Diverse, creative, collaborative, and dog-friendly work environment
- Paid family and pregnancy leave