Project Manager II @ Med Tech Solutions - Los Angeles, CA
Project Manager II
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
Base: Los Angeles, CA
Job Title: Project Manager II
Job Type: Full-time
- A US Citizen
- Must be technical but also able to convey project requirements to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Able to understand the process of migrating data to a private or public cloud environment.
About our Company
MTS is a cloud solution consulting and managed services provider with a focus on security, reliability, availability and scalability. MTS helps companies reduce their operating costs and increase productivity while improving their cloud security posture by deploying their mission critical workloads onto the MTS Cloud. The MTS Cloud wraps traditional cloud offerings (public, private or hybrid) with cloud centric security solutions and controls, an innovative management platform and experienced cloud engineers that oversee the customer’s life cycle. MTS partners with the leading cloud provider Microsoft Azure as well as security partners to build a highly secure and robust cloud environment. In addition to our cloud offering, MTS provides managed IT services to support our client’s network infrastructure, various application support and training services, as well as offers a suite of Managed Security Services plans that offer a wide range of cyber security services and tools.
We are seeking cloud and IT experts to assist our operations teams in helping our customers deploy and manage Cloud platforms, IT infrastructure along with security and technology services. The Project Managers at MTS are responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of designated project(s) to ensure that goals or objectives of project(s) are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. A successful project manager is able to communicate effectively to clients, manage multiple projects at the same time, and handle project escalations and scope changes pro-actively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend sales hand off meeting for all projects assigned.
- Establishes project plan and associated task, timeline, and staffing for each phase of project.
- Conduct internal project meetings to outline project scope, budget, timeline, and assigned tasks.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Communicates with project team deliverable expectations and oversee the timely completion of milestones.
- Conduct ongoing project meetings with client to review status of project tasks, timeline and budget.
- Proactively address any project issues that impact timeline, tasks and budget of project with client. Implements the required Project Change Request process for any deviations within the project.
- Delivers any required project reports to client on a weekly basis.
- Hold internal post mortem meeting for all projects after completion. Create working list of issues that need to be resolved for the next project of this type, as well as communicate with sales any changes that need to be addressed pre-sale for future projects.
- Prepares ongoing required project reports for management weekly.
- Maintains project dates and statuses of all assigned projects within the MTS project tracking system.
- Attends regular status meetings with project team.
- Assists responding to Request for Proposal’s as requested by Sales.
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3-4 years project management experience, with 2-3 years’ experience with cloud and managed IT technology projects.
- Experience with Azure or AWS and associated technologies.
- Understanding of cloud concepts such as automation and micro-services
- Ability to manage large scale cloud systems and managed IT deployments.
- Must be able to manage projects from sales handoff thru go live, including any project work that could occur after hours and on weekends.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills to manage both internal and client project relationships, management, negotiation and problem-solving functions of this role.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations, and communicate with our clients effectively during these situations.
- Must be detail oriented with exceptional organization skills with the ability to coordinate and prioritize many issues simultaneously.
- Must have analytical and problem solving ability to quickly evaluate an issue, resolve it or implement a workaround with consistent accuracy and success.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision, as well as able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Team player with a "can do" attitude that can work in a fast-paced environment.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems or related field; or four to seven years related Health IT Project Management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Benefits include competitive base salary, PTO, paid holidays, training, various health plans to choose from, dental, vision, 401k with company match, FSA option, disability insurance, and paid life insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
- IT Project Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required