At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a Sales Account Manager to join us in Southern California. In this role, you will handle relationships with our key accounts within the region, helping our customers and partners make business and IT transformations using our services and solutions. You’ll build new commercial relationships and expand and improve the business with existing customers. As a Sales Account Manager, you will also gain understanding of customer processes, needs, and challenges, promoting the value of Red Hat’s solutions and how they can address customer needs.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Represent Red Hat to customers and customers to Red Hat in sales-related matters
- Meet assigned sales quotas
- Sell Red Hat’s solutions and services in the field
- Call prospective customers, providing technical and administrative information about our offerings and communicating Red Hat's values and vision
- Guide a virtual sales team consisting of solutions architects, insides sales representatives, consultants, engagement managers, and Red Hat’s senior management
- 10 years of experience working in enterprise software sales
- Proven experience selling complex solutions to large organizations and multiple decision makers
- Excellent communication and technical skills to develop relationships at engineering, commercial, and executive levels throughout organizations
- Solid understanding of the companies and opportunities within the market and its specifics
- Ability to work as part of a team while demonstrating flexibility and initiative
- Willingness to travel across the region
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.