Senior Software Engineer @ OpenTable - Los Angeles, CA
Senior Software Engineer
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
At OpenTable, we deliver creative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If a constantly challenging engineering environment excites you, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants.
We move fast, release frequently, and believe strongly in automated testing to help maintain our quality and velocity. We break things sometimes - and that's fine. We learn from it. Is your Github profile a little thin? You'll have a chance to improve it.
Restaurant Lifecycle and Partnerships team is looking for an exceptional Senior Engineer. As a member of this team, you'll be responsible for building the key systems that power the OpenTable Restaurants from the inception of the restaurant into OpenTable through their Lifecycle across different systems as restaurant uses more OpenTable products. You will also be involved in building in building partnerships with other companies so that OpenTable customers are able to seamlessly take advantage of a plethora of products built by other companies.
Your responsibilities will range from:
- Problem-solving with OpenTable partner companies
- Crafting new systems and APIs
- Innovating on ways to integrate with other restaurant products
- 5+ years in software engineering
- You have strong CS fundamentals
- You are experienced building highly scalable and highly available systems
- You have a deep understanding of data structures and OO design
- You're disciplined at unit, integration, and acceptance testing
- You have a passion or desire to participate in pair programming
- 3+ years in Java development
- Understanding of the JVM
- Nice to haves:
- At least 3 years JS development experience
- Understanding of Node.js
- Experience with a server framework like Express or Hapi
- A willingness to learn whichever one you don't know while on the job and working with your awesome teammates
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 25 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 45,000 restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1.5 billion diners in over 20 countries. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and many more locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.#LI-AB1