Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
About Our Client:
Our client is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. They are on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Our client is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love their product. Our client eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 3 million customers in their first year on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, they want to meet you!
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer who will be their first web engineer focused on fullstack development of our client's website. As part of the team you’ll be at the forefront of developing their web-based content platform as well as the animations, styling, & library of components for their public website.
What you'll do
- Build and maintain the library of components used for our client's public website.
- Create and implement styling and animations to bring our client's web designs to life.
- Manage our client's content platform, server-side rendering, site generation, and migrating functionality from the mobile app to web.
- Partner cross-functionally with product, design, and growth teams to build new web functionality.
- As the first and only member focused on web, we expect this person to be able to navigate decisions, without too much guidance.
What we're looking for
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience building public facing websites with React (or a similar framework).
- Strong portfolio of complex web designs (animations, 3D, micro-interactions, etc).
- Advanced knowledge of CSS, animation frameworks (e.g. D3, Three.js, etc).
- 4+ years overall experience working on front-end development.
Working at our client
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- High potential for growth
- Stock in an early-stage startup
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy
- Employee referral program
- Monthly stipend for client Card testing
- 401K plan
Base Salary Range: $160,000 to $200,000