Knock is on a mission to make homeownership simple and certain. Whether you are a homeowner looking to buy a new home before selling your current home or a first-time buyer, Knock offers a fully digital end-to-end solution that brings certainty, convenience and cost-savings to the often stressful and complicated process of homeownership. The Knock Home Swap™ empowers a customer to buy their new dream home before selling their old one. Knock GO™ (Guaranteed Offer) provides homebuyers with the best features of a cash offer in a competitive home loan to win the home they want without paying more.
Launched in 2015 by founding team members of Trulia.com, Knock has raised more than $600 million in debt and equity from top-tier investors, including RRE Ventures, Foundry Group, Redpoint, Greycroft, Corazon Capital, Correlation Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital and FJ Labs. The National Association of Realtors®, through its investment arm Second Century Ventures, is a strategic investor in Knock, giving its 1.5 million members the ability to market Knock's homeownership solutions to their clients. Knock currently operates in 65 markets nationwide and plans to be in over 100 markets by 2023.Enjoying Life & Making an Impact
Senior Software Engineer:
- Knock offers a 100% remote work culture
- 100% employee covered medical, dental, & vision premiums for full time employees
- Unlimited PTO (2 week min. is highly encouraged) for full time employees
- $1,000 annually for professional development
- At least 6 weeks paid parental leave for full time employees
- Life, AD&D and Disability insurance for full time employees
- 401K (noncontributory by Knock) for all employees
- $75 monthly allowance for health & wellness
- Up to $400 monthly for a co-working space for eligible employees
- $75 cell phone reimbursement for eligible employees
- $50 monthly home internet allowance
- $2,500 referral bonus for eligible employees
- Employees eligible for bonus and/or commission will be provided details in the offer letter
As a Senior Software Engineer you will design and build our customer-facing APIs and backend services. We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating great products and making the world amazing for home buyers & sellers. At Knock, we have fun, we move fast, we celebrate & support our fellow teammates, and we live by our POPSICLE values.We'd love you to bring:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- SQL knowledge (Mysql or Postgres) and experience.
- A customer-first mindset and data-driven approach to your work.
- Education: High school or equivalent
- Believe in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock's commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous.
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team.
- We encourage you to apply even if you don't have every listed requirement.
- Have the opportunity to directly impact Knock's internal products and data on the Backend.
- Work in a fast-paced, startup environment that is constantly challenging the status quo!
- Design, build, and maintain APIs and tools that power Knock's customer-facing applications and communicate your designs to fellow engineers.
- Build new services from scratch, as well as maintain existing applications.
- Commit to good engineering practice of testing, logging, alerting and deployment processes.
- Continually learn, grow, and expand your knowledge, while also supporting others learning experiences; act as a mentor and be a resource for others inside and outside of your team.
- Take on ad-hoc projects as they arise & always be willing to support your team where they need you.
We are proud to be a remote, distributed company with employees across 40 states and counting. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock, and its subsidiaries, are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.This position is in the continental United States.PDF is our preferred format for resumes and any other attachments. Thank you!
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations