AvidXchange is a leading provider of accounts payable (“AP”) automation software and payment solutions for middle market businesses and their suppliers. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We are all entrepreneurs who love to innovate and win with a passion for serving our customers. While we take personal ownership of our everyday work, we recognize that we only win as a team.
Since our founding in 2000 in Charlotte, NC, we’ve created a company of over 1,600 teammates working in one of our 7 offices across the U.S., or remotely. We're building more than a tech company – we're building an experience. We remain committed to a culture where you can fully be 'you’ – connected with others, chasing big goals and making a meaningful impact. If you want to help us grow while realizing your potential and creating stories you'll tell for years, you've come to the right place.
AvidXchange is proud to be Certified™ as a Great Place to Work®. The prestigious recognition is based on anonymous data from our teammates and makes official what our teammates have known for years – that AvidXchange is a Great Place to Work®. About FastPay, An AvidXchange Company:
FastPay is finance reimagined to meet the needs of the media industry. Leveraging proprietary technology and analytics, we offer solutions that address inefficient payment processes and long payment terms. Having spent years analyzing invoices and executing electronic payments, we have industry-expertise that allows us to meet the needs of our long-standing clients.
We are a collection of finance, entertainment, legal, media, technology, and design professionals. Headquartered in Los Angeles, we have offices in New York, and Boston. With over $6B in payments and loans transacted to date, we continue to see exciting growth. AvidXchange:
AvidXchange is the industry leader in automating invoice and payment processes for mid-market businesses. Founded in the year 2000, AvidXchange processes over $140 billion transactions annually across its network of more than 600,000 suppliers, transforming the way 6,000 customers in North America pay their bills. AvidXchange is distinguished as a global fintech unicorn and one of the fastest growing technology companies in the U.S. with 1,400 employees supporting customers across seven office locations. Our employees live by our core values, including Innovate to Change the Game, Passion about Customer Success, Win as a Team, Play to our Strengths, and Have a Blast. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Come join the team! Job Overview:
FastPay is expanding its development team. We are looking for self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic candidates looking for the challenges and rewards of working in a small startup environment. You will be part of a collaborative development team that develops, tests, deploys and supports FastPay's suite of media finance products. Key Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, deploy and support FastPay’s suite of software products on our SaaS infrastructure
- Actively research emerging technologies and provide proof of concept
- Assist in mentoring and onboarding new software engineers
- Actively participate in the Scrum team including estimating user stories, daily stand ups and maintaining the sprint backlog
- Be an advocate for delivering quality, well documented, usable, scalable software
- Actively collaborate with product management as part of product planning
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science / Data Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in architecting, developing backend solutions (APIs) and building distrusted scalable systems
- 5+ years of experience working on a web / mobile application in one or more areas of the following tech stack:
- REST-based web services (experience with Node.js and/or Java. Python is a plus)
- SQL (Postgres) and NoSQL database experience. Graph databases experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge with various cloud technologies (AWS and/or Azure, Docker, Kubernetes/EKS/ECS)
- Work experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Agile / Scrum SDLC
- Linux / bash scripting
- Unit / integration testing
- Continuous Integration & Delivery
- Deploying / maintaining software on IaaS / PaaS (experience with AWS & Docker preferred)
- Interest in financial products a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.