EVgo is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. With more than 850 fast charging locations, EVgo’s owned and operated charging network serves over 60 metropolitan areas across more than 30 states and more than 340,000 customers. Founded in 2010, EVgo leads the way on transportation electrification, partnering with automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as hotels, shopping centers, gas stations and parking lot operators; and other stakeholders to deploy advanced charging technology to expand network availability and make it easier for drivers across the U.S. to enjoy the benefits of driving an EV. As a charging technology first mover, EVgo works closely with business and government leaders to accelerate the ubiquitous adoption of EVs by providing a reliable and convenient charging experience close to where drivers live, work and play, whether for a daily commute or a commercial fleet. Position Summary
EVgo is seeking a talented Software Engineer to develop web apps, client portals, internal business, and analytics platforms and integrate with new and existing applications.
Your role is essential to our continuous and expansive planned software initiatives. This is an opportunity to influence technology development decisions during our transition from outsourcing and to modernize operations expanding our market leadership and growth opportunities. Our ideal candidate is a proven software engineer with hands-on development experience who can engage with stakeholders and help us build and strengthen our technology platform. Responsibilities
Required Skills and Experience
- Develop, test, and deploy microservices (GraphQL (Node) and/or others) to integrate across multiple new and existing applications and data sources.
- Maintain quality and performance of software products with vigorous attention to detail and unit testing
- Work in an agile, startup environment where you wear multiple hats and impact change.
- Collaborate with developers and cross-functional team members to solve challenges, maintain, and improve quality and establish best practices
- Design and deliver cohesive business systems with a goal of building an enhanced user experience.
- 5+ years' experience working as part of development engineering team.
- Experience with NoSQL databases and AWS Services like Lambda.
- 2+ years building enterprise-scale / loading / performance testing applications
- 2 years of API development using Rest or GraphQL
- Experience working with DevOps (CI/CD, test automation, release management)
- Knowledge Agile development methodologies/tools.
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.