Software Engineer @ Intermedia Advertising - Los Angeles, CA
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
- Responsible for writing application code mainly in ASP.NET using C#, service-tier code (WCF Services) as well as database objects (SQL Stored Procedures and Functions).
- Work with department heads to understand their software development needs and create solutions tailored to those needs.
- Responsible for writing and implementing technical designs for projects. Work with other developers to implement best practices and design patterns.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the company’s business strategy, product offerings, architecture, database schemas and configuration.
- Maintain a high level of ownership; includes participating in code reviews, documentation and evangelism and training.
- Constantly seek ways to improve the design, implementation and processes employed by the company.
- Work in a small team of developers on business and technology projects.
- At least 4 years of experience with C#/.NET and SQL Server 2005/2008/20012; experience with C++ a plus.
- At least 2 years of experience designing applications and components for enterprise-class systems; includes application architecture, frameworks and data modeling.
- Ability to work with business owners and product team members to quickly understand business strategy, requirements and issues in order to design and implement applications and components within the product suite.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal, written and interpersonal with the ability to clearly articulate complex technical issues to all levels of the organization (both technical and non-technical).
- Solid understanding of Microsoft technologies including ASP.NET, WCF, XML/XSLT, VS.NET, and Windows Server.
- Ability to effectively define and estimate project tasks; experience with task management systems such as JIRA.
- Windows Workflow, Power Shell, SQL Reporting Services, SQL Analysis Services, SharePoint.
- Experience developing ecommerce sites.
- Experience developing social media apps.
- Experience automating repetitive tasks.
- Experience in the advertising industry and direct response.
- Experience with dynamic dashboards.
This is for a single office located in Woodland Hills, CA. Must live close to or plan on relocating to San Fernando Valley. No relocation assistance is available.
About Intermedia Advertising:
For the past 40 years, InterMedia has been a leader and prime innovator in direct marketing. We’re at the top of the direct marketing industry because we have blended proprietary and traditional resources to produce direct marketing campaigns that reliably provide a healthy return on our clients’ advertising investments. InterMedia always provides exceptional media efficiency, results-oriented creative, cutting-edge analytics and research—combined with a thorough dedication to client service.