SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT (Prefer LA, NJ, Raleigh NC but open to 100% Remote)
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
With guidance from senior solution architect, a solution architect participates in design
and implementation of on-premises as well as cloud native applications. Collaborates with vendors and outside partners as well as with various vertical and horizontal teams across the bank and its subsidiaries. Interacts with business
users and business
stakeholders to understand business
context and business
requirements; Adopts proven agile
practices to deliver on time and within budget. Incorporates security best practices into software. Strives for secure coding culture throughout the SDLC. Participates in POCs; Suggests coding best practices, Reviews design
and code and mentors junior developers. Strives to meet compliance requirements
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology
& Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology
advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Participate in the design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Writing great quality code driving towards automated testing and validations
- Participate in POCs to evaluate technologies, patterns, vendor solutions, products etc.
- Support and advise team members on implementation, maintenance and updates of CI/CD pipelines for on-premises and cloud environments
- Work with direct team members explaining the technical and functional needs of business
- Collaborate with multiple enterprise-wide distributed teams to deliver new capabilities
- Look for opportunities to simplify code, existing or new architectures and vendor dependencies
- Recommend rationalization opportunities throughout the portfolio of applications and systems
- Design and develop APIs for Omni-channel, experience, process and system APIs
- Participate in perf testing and make architectural recommendations for improvements
- Prepare design, development and architecture specifications based on NFRs
- Develop conceptual and physical solution design artifacts
- Prepare and deliver artifacts supporting the SDLC
- Analyze and develop data models, logical database designs and data definitions
- Comply with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices. Ensure solution architecture is in line with enterprise conceptual architecture
- Evaluates application software packages and makes recommendations to management.
- Participates with other colleagues in new product reviews, tests, and pilots
- Reviews code and suggests refactoring at the level of code as well as designs
- Advise on secure coding practices
- Participate in RFIs/RFPs for software and technology evaluations
- Addendum for ServiceNow Solutions Architect (Additional Responsibilities):
- Lead ServiceNow solution design workshops, ensuring requirements are well documented
- Provide expert level support and technical mentoring to ServiceNow platform development team
- Maintain deep, comprehensive knowledge of ServiceNow’s capabilities and constraints
- Recognize and develop opportunities to leverage ServiceNow as a platform across the enterprise
- Develop and present business case material for business stakeholders including creation and delivery of tailored presentations and product demonstrations
- Scoping and delivering Proof of Concept / Proof of Value efforts with stakeholders
- Act as the ServiceNow subject matter expert in discovery meetings with business stakeholders requesting new or improved platform usage
- Audit existing workflows, develop blueprints for new workflow experiences, and identify opportunities for improvement and experimentation
- Addendum for ServiceNow Solutions Architect (Skills & Requirements):
- Ability to work under pressure; work on multiple projects and workstreams at a time
- Engaging presentation style, with the ability to control and manage multiple presentation scenarios
- Experience with ITSM, ITOM, ITBM and Flow Designer required
- Experience with IRM/GRC, DevOps and Performance Analytics a plus
- Experience in the financial services industry a plus
- ITIL certification a plus
- Add Addendum for UX/ UI to Responsibilites
- Build a design and technology framework that become the foundation of the digital product experience transformation at CNB.
- Architect the vision of a scalable system that can enable high quality of Design while bringing efficient and consistent product execution to deliver brand new experiences for City National Online portal serving Personal, Business, and Private users.
- Participate in Design Thinking culture where you can use your creativity, analytical skills, and knowledge of user-facing technologies to enable efficient, high-quality execution of premier products and features
- Conceptualize and develop design strategies and solutions. Facilitate ideation and concept exploration of coded components, APIs, and automated pipelines.
- Build strong business relationships with key stakeholders; promote collaboration within teams including Brand and Creative, content, and development engineers. Work closely with Product Owners and Managers to ensure digital product goals are being accomplished
- Add Addendum for UX/UI to Skills & Knowledge
- 8+ years of coding experience developing front end for scaled Design Systems and responsive / cross-browser compatible websites
- Ability to build automated pipelines with Github actions and Azure.
- Working knowledge of design authoring tools like Figma
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- Vast experience in developing Design Tokens and Tokens generators using Figma to rapidly build functional prototypes (Pieces of UI content in code)
- Advance experience with Figma and Figma Plugins
- Practical knowledge of version-controlled user interface frameworks
- Write intuitive documentation of functional code, process, and guidelines to drive how a team designs products following best practices
- Working knowledge of accessibility especially WCAG 2.1 AA standards
- Ability to put the user’s experience at the core of the code you write
- You are passionate about writing code that delivers tailored experiences
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5+ years of software development experience including UI as well as middle tier and backend
- Minimum of 1-2 years of solution architecture
- Minimum of 1-2 year of experience Cloud development, Microservices and REST API experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with databases and data modeling / design (SQL and NoSQL plus)
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience incorporating security into the application architecture
Focus Area: Risk Technologies (Banking focused) – Fraud, KYC, BSA-AML, OFAC
Skills and Knowledge
- Large application design and implementation experience including architecture and design of modern web, mobile, and integration (cloud/on-premises) platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal, and analytical skills is required.
- Experience with Agile development methodology including Scrum, XP, FDD, TDD, and SAFe.
- Enterprise experience with API management toolsets, DevOps, server infrastructure, network infrastructure, caching methodologies, information security, and database technologies
- Experience in developing alternative solution approaches and driving a pragmatic trade-off
- Proven track record of optimizing the development activities with a strong focus on DevOps and automation
- Ability to document solution designs using a variety of approaches (e.g. using UML)
- Experience with DDD, TDD and BDD
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and evaluate for fitness into a specific business context through POCs and other evaluations
- Experience with reviewing code and suggesting refactorings for performance, quality and maintainability and other attributes
- Experienced in designing APIs, scale and secure them. Ability to integrate with internal and external systems and secure those integrations
- Experience with CRM systems like Salesforce
- Experienced in designing using containers and container orchestration platform (e.g., AKS/Docker) is a plus
- Experience working in fully DevOps enabled environment
- Experience with developing coding standards and patterns
Starting base salary: $111,408 - $189,738 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
- To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Benefits and Perks
At City National, we strive to be the best at whatever we do, including the benefits and perks we offer our colleagues. Get an inside look at our Benefits and Perks.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business
is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled