LOCATION: Los Angeles, CAWHO WE ARE
Signal Sciences is the fastest growing web application security company in the world and has been named one of the Best Places To Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal. With its award-winning next-gen WAF and RASP solution, Signal Sciences protects over 34,000 applications, APIs, and over a trillion production requests per month. Signal Sciences' patented architecture allows our customers to embrace cloud and DevOps while bringing actionable security visibility to development, DevOps, and security teams for the first time.
We work with some of the world's most recognizable companies, like Datadog, Under Armour, Duo, and Aflac across industries, including five of the top eCommerce companies, five of the largest software companies, and many of the top companies in financial services, retail, healthcare, media, and entertainment. Signal Sciences has won numerous technology and business awards including Technology of the Year from InfoWorld. Above all, we focus on collaborating as a team to deliver a product our customers truly enjoy working with.SUMMARY
As Sr. Director of Engineering you will oversee technical business strategy and focus on building multiple new engineering teams from the ground up with strong vision and clear mandate. In addition to having technical knowledge of core engineering fields, you understand how all the pieces fit together into integrated systems, and how they impact performance.
You bring deep technical skills within a specific domain and excellent communication skills, a focused and empathetic approach to leadership, and a bold and action-biased attitude toward hard engineering problems.RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALITIES / EXPERIENCE WE'RE SEEKING
- Recruit, hire and build out cross-functional technical teams.
- Establishing a culture of high productivity, collaboration and big impact, and empowering each team to bring their vision to life.
- Understand Signal Sciences business problems and advance our architecture to solve these problems at scale. You'll be taking the business and product roadmap and coming up with specific teams to hire, apps and platforms to create, and timelines for putting everything together.
- Evangelize and represent your teams, their vision, product roadmap and results to both internal and external stakeholders. You'll also need to understand the current business objectives and get PMs, engineers, and other cross-functional members aligned and excited.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN SIGSCI
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science
- A growth mindset and a bias towards action. You thrive in the ambiguity of a fast-paced startup and can adapt with changing priorities of a scaling technology organization.
- Experience in high-scale data-driven systems such as ad-tech, analytics, and e-commerce
- Experience implementing core business strategies with technology by creating processes that scale, advancing architecture, and developing roadmaps.
- Prior experience recruiting, interviewing, and hiring cross-functional technical teams coupled with strong management and people development skills. You'll need to delegate intelligently, deliver frequent and honest feedback, and unblock and mentor engineers for growth opportunities at Signal Sciences while delivering results.
- Security domain knowledge is helpful but not required
Named a Best Place to Work in 2019 by LA Business Journal and Comparably, SigSci is built on a cultural foundation of passionate, driven, and unique individuals. As a team member, you will enjoy 100% employer-sponsored medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K retirement plan, flexible work arrangements, weekly catered lunches, a variety of snacks, and cold brew on tap. Most of all, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact with the industry leader in web application security.